Let Businesses Open Rally - Sat. May 16

Started by Buzz, May 14, 2020, 07:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Below the picture is the message that went along with it on Sam Pirozzolo's Facebook page. Sam was a former Community Education Council chairman and is currently running for city council.

I've see people rally for this all around the country. This seems like a safe and sensible way to do it ... from your car. It doesn't apply to schools and bus drivers, obviously, but it's long overdue for many businesses in my opinion.

[Sam's message below]

Please join me this Saturday, May 16th, at 12:00 at a rally to responsibly open New York. Everyone will be in their own car.

It is unfortunate that any time we talk about opening business again we are labeled as uncaring for people who have died or are struggling with Covid-19. That premise is simply not true. What we are saying is that if we can safely wait in lines to buy food, at Home Depot, Target, and liquor stores, then why can't we safely wait in line to buy clothes, get a haircut, buy furniture, or use a picnic table in the park?

As we move forward, we are seeing so many inequities about business closures and safety. Almost everything we've been told about how to be safe has been disputed in one way or another.

It is time to allow our economy to begin again. The initial ask from the government was that we stay home so our hospitals and care facilities could handle and catch up with the enormous amount if initial cases and unfortunately, deaths. We were asked to stay home so we could save lives while we figured out how to develop safety protocols to reopen in the near future. Well, that time is fast approaching if it has not come already.

So please join us this Saturday and help us send a message that we can't hide from Covid-19 forever. Not everyone has the same risk as far as contracting the virus. It is time to safely reopen our business and stop many of these poorly mandated "rules" which are discriminatory to so many businesses.

SEE YOU SATURDAY @ 12:00!!!!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.