Strike Vote

Started by PROUD MEMBER, October 10, 2018, 12:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

The time has come to show these greedy owners what Unity is about!

yabba

Any word on the count for our yard

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on October 10, 2018, 04:10:49 PM
Any word on the count for our yard

Staten Island (including Sharrotts): 337 Yes, 39 No

All Pioneer: 687 Yes, 47 No (About 94% in favor)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Just_Right

The No votes are a disgrace to every memeber of 1181
We need to be united not divided. It is important to let the Company people know we count.We are decent and caring human beings who work hard for our money.We don't have million dollar contracts and money pouring out of our asses.

This morning when our Past Shop Steward now our Union Delegate  was here he should have gotten every one of the members of Pioneer behind him with a resounding YES vote.He has been and probably will  always be there for everyone of us.
I am sure we all needed his voice before and will again so in turn  we should do for him the way he has done for us.

For the people who voted *NO* you should realize you are only hurting your co-workers not the Company.Neil could give two shits that you live from paycheck to paycheck.Nor does he care that you have family depending on your salary. He lives in luxury while we the drivers,attendants and mechanics do our job right and make him rich with his contracts with the city.

So,Show your SUPPORT for Your Union.Do not make this a personal thing against the Union. Back the man that has had OUR backs for over 20 years.
Show him the respect he deserves.

Buzz

Yes, Just_Right ... disgusting that most of the "No" votes came from Staten Island ... and I'd be willing to bet which of the 2 yards most of them came from. There is a minute faction of drivers who are anti-Ernie and/or anti-Michael. Their hatred blinds them to the fact that they'll cut off their noses to spite their faces.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.