Schools Opening

Started by PROUD MEMBER, July 28, 2020, 04:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Today's NY Post
Our J O Mayor again says Schools will reopen September 10. Nothing about bussing. Now I'm waiting for the other J O (the Governor) to say the Mayor has no authority and that he'll tell us when. It's an F'n joke. Call ur politicians!!!

LMR

At Friday's press the someone asked the Mayor about school busing and he gave a short answer yes there will be busing but no specific details .

PROUD MEMBER

That's good to hear. I just wish that person would have been more specific and asked if there is going to be Special Ed and General Ed busing. I don't trust this Mayor.

PROUD MEMBER

What I don't get is nobody's worried about how many people are on the MTA buses and subways every day. Mostly adults that unlike children transmit and contract the virus much more easily.

Hammer2161

So are we now taking the stance that we are okay with NO SAFETY PROTOCOLS IN PLACE ??
I for one truly don't give a shit what they are doing on city buses or trains. I am more concerned with what the system will put in place should we get back to work. I hope to be prepared to take on whatever safety measures they put in place. I totally understand that the job we knew before this pandemic may never be again. Our days will most certainly be longer and the process a bit more complicated but I am ready to do what is necessary for the safety of the children myself and my family. Let's try to worry about US and not the other situations going on around us.

yabba

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 29, 2020, 12:10:06 PM
What I don't get is nobody's worried about how many people are on the MTA buses and subways every day. Mostly adults that unlike children transmit and contract the virus much more easily.

i agree... for the benefit of having a job in the future,we need to get back to work in sept...  i feel if we wear a mask and gloves and use caution,we will be ok just like going into target or walmart...if they keep the schools closed i feel we will not have a job to go back to...

Hammer2161

I believe all of us feel the need to be back at work in September and yes it is probably a crucial point in school busing. If schools go back we need to go back as well but I still feel there needs to be some safety protocols in place. I have done special needs children ever since I have started at Pioneer and I am very well aware that it will put me in much closer contact with students then general ed. Try to be diligent for your own sake as far as being cautious and safe and hopefully all will go well. Now if we could only get the powers that be to give us some definitive answers as to if we are opening for sure and what role busing will have we can start to plan for a safe school year.

OMG

I'm sure some of you have heard of all the new safety features that were built in the office for the office staff. New walls separating all the dispatchers, new plexiglass separating them from "us", they moved Andy's office Downstairs in what used to be the drivers room, and probably a few more things. They also don't want "us"hanging around. It seems to be all about keeping the people in the office safe, I'd like to see that same energy an emphasis in the buses to keep us safe, I haven't heard anything about keeping us separated from the students. Yeah, I got the whole mask and glove thing and Lysol spray. But I'd like to have some kind of curtain or plexiglass shield around the drivers compartment to keep us safe. Like the same plexiglass keeping us away from the dispatchers.