No More Seniority

Started by Buzz, December 08, 2015, 02:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grrr

Bad contracts, loss of money, loss of perks, lousy medical, reduced retiree medical benefits, no increase in pension for 6 years,  DOL lawsuits,  loss of membership, industry in ashes, permanent EPP gone, loss of seniority, no contract, impending strike, no one uses the second gate and we're asked for vote for Hillary.  The place has turned into Thunderdome.

gigi11744

WakeUp123

Forgive me for disagreeing with the 'seniority" blues. Many of times I was left with the worst picks on the board and the 'Senority" boys stood by laughing. Then a few weeks pass and the find out there runs were added to and and forced them to work longer hours so they start looking at time cards of the people under them and when they find out the ' low Senority" guys had as it turned out better runs because of changes our 'Senority" union brothers pick us off and then laugh about it. These are the same 'union brothers" who for there own personal benefit sold us younger guys down the river. Then they all laughed. So forgive me for not feeling sorry for them. They allowed the union to run this place into the ground, do what ever the office asks for, 'F" guys out of money at a moments notice and constantly complain ' RAT" everybody out to Owen for a new bus or a parking spot in the yard.

I guess being allowed to piss in Owens personal toilet isn't such a big deal after all. But when will you realize that you are the urinal cake?

Buzz

Wow! Don't mean to interrupt your scathing critique, but remember, EVERY senior guy, (and I seriously doubt they were laughing), also at one time, had the worst run on the board. For my 3rd, 4th and 5th years here I did FIVE schools in the afternoon. I don't think a run like that exists now.

You were saying ...
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Next pick check the runs a little closer.

WakeUp123

Next time a vote should be taken by the drivers 1 pick in August and 1 pick in February so everything remains fair for all union brothers.

PROUD MEMBER

Well is that the way it should be according to our contract? Two picks per year. Correct me if I'm wrong.

WakeUp123

You mean the same contract that was voted for and ratified and after a few months Neil decides he doesn't want to honor it anymore and the union was powerless to do anything? Is that the same contract your talking about?

4real

what are you talking about???? its been 2 picks a year for over 10yrs now :crazy:

PROUD MEMBER

WakeUp123

I know, except last year and the 2 nod pick shouldn't be in December after OPT TWEEKS THE RUNS. REMEMBER THERE ARE MORE LOWER SENORITY DRIVERS THAN " NO TRIP" higher Senority drivers.

Buzz

Quote from: WakeUp123 on December 17, 2015, 12:07:12 PM
I know, except last year and the 2 nod pick shouldn't be in December after OPT TWEEKS THE RUNS. REMEMBER THERE ARE MORE LOWER SENORITY DRIVERS THAN " NO TRIP" higher Senority drivers.

No, there aren't more trip runs than no-trip runs. You sound very bitter because you're a junior man. Everybody was a junior man at one time and it used to be 4 or 5 trips a week all year instead of the 1 or 2 you have now. (May be more around holidays and end of year.) And I don't see how a November pick favors one or the other, but let OPT keep eroding seniority and you won't even be able to look forward to getting a better run when you are a senior man. We've ALL been where you are so if you think your senior-bashing and self-pity is going to garner any sympathy, you're mistaken.  If you're that unhappy about the way things are maybe you should reconsider your choice to be here.

WakeUp123

No buzz I am not unhappy with my choice I am unhappy with all the complaining and all the backstabbing that the Higher seniority guys do to the lowest you know what I'm talking about buzz

Rock Steady

Wakeup123, not one senior driver  laughs at junior people. I've never heard any one mock any junior driver because we've been there. I personally had 4 to 5 schools in the a.m & p.m with trips every day. so wake up.  The real issue is that any new stops or new schools used to go to dispatch and it was given out to usually the bottom man or women driver, seniority counted. I personally cant believe that so late in the school year such major changes are still taking place.  This is simply another shot in the arm for the industry, and its  official,  Seniority means nothing now. All we do is pick first, that's it.  It shows the lack of strength and respect of our union.  NY knows it has to deal with lots of blue collar unions with a seniority list, ours should be no different. I know we're not civil service, but we still service NY. Losing more and more respect for this union. I'm tired of hearing, "be lucky you have a job". Because at the next election if things don't change, they wont. 

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on December 21, 2015, 02:12:50 AM
I'm tired of hearing, "be lucky you have a job". Because at the next election if things don't change, they wont.

Well stated!!!!