Unbelievable

Started by Rock Steady, November 26, 2015, 03:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock Steady

It was only last week when our Assistant Shop Steward made a very loud and clear announcement on the radio asking every one to simply do their own work. Not to cover any work for break downs or anything else. He made it very loud and clear that our boss didn't  want to give us anything back. No raise, NOTHING. We weren't worth it. He made it very loud and clear that our boss didn't want to discuss or compromise on any issue.   On or approximately 8:15 this morning Tommy needed some stops covered for PS 45, he called a few times and I hoped no one would answer   . . . . then some JERK OFF did . . . ." I'LL Do It Tommy". YOU FUCKING JERK OFF !!!    Let me make myself perfectly clear. if I know who you are I am going to post your bus # and name on this site, didn't you hear Andy ?  Your Boss don't care about you. Who ever it was your a JERK OFF !

Lets take this a step further. Seeing as though the owner of our company has a manager who will personally call OPT to decertify his own drivers (yes its true, he did). At the first sight of ice on the drive way where you might slip, call OSHA. At the first sight of ice or snow in the parking lot, call OSHA. And now that we have been a bit more diversified in our employees,  if you feel you have been treated unfairly due to race, call EEOC. Do you know, according to OSHA rules and regulations we don't have enough toilets facilities ? ( i.e. water closets) Yup that's right, if I'm not mistaken we should have approximately six toilets and urinals with sinks to match . Look it up yourself, we should have so many toilets & urinals with sinks to match per employee. Sorry, he started it ! And sorry, contrary to what any one may say, we are entitled to sick days.  Does it sound like I'm far reaching? maybe . . . but Neal has a GM who will call OPT do decertify his own drivers, and Neal doesn't think we are worth shit. So when your shop steward says not to cover work. . . . . .Don't !       SORRY IM PISSED OFF          IM ENTITLED

rc1790

I was also surprised to hear it myself. They usually call by phone not over the air by bus number. Bus 2##. Started with a 2. I will not post the rest. If a shop steward tells you not to do something, and you do it anyway, you should not be a part of the union. No different than a scab driver during a strike. This is why we need an off site Pioneer union meeting. On a more positive note, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

gigi11744

Should start going old school,,piece of crap...oh and if they say give me a land line,,,sorry no phone..

Buzz

You can have all the off-site meetings you want, Ernie and Andy can say it a thousand times and there will still be guys who will sacrifice the good of all for the good of their own pockets. There might be a few people who really need the extra two hours pay they might get for covering work, but that is not the case for the chronic offenders that come to mind. The thinking is, "If I don't do it, somebody else will, so I might as well make the money." Unfortunately, they're right. No need to post any bus numbers, most of us already know who they are.

As far as the number of toilets ... I believe OSHA has come down about that issue before. However, from what I understand, the company claimed there were 8 toilets on the premises, including the ones in the office, Neil's and the ones in the shop. I don't know if it was understood that there were only 3 that are actually accessible by us.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

gigi11744

Hell then we should all march in and use Neil's