extra pay on holidays

Started by sbdriver1, February 05, 2016, 10:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

One more time if you work on a Holiday you get paid for 12 hours which is equivalent to saying time and a half.

LMR

Does this include the 8hours of holiday pay plus 4hrs.If so this is NOT time and one half.Time and a half would be 8hrs holiday pay plus time and one half for working on the holiday which would be a 12 hrs .Total pay would equal 20 hrs. 8 hrs holiday pay plus 12 hrs for working on the holiday.

PROUD MEMBER

LMR
I HEAR U but cut it out.
Today is Super Bowl Sunday not April Fool's Day!

John Eadicicco

Proud Member ............ Is that common core math?

Buzz

Quote from: LMR on February 07, 2016, 06:16:37 PM
Does this include the 8hours of holiday pay plus 4hrs.If so this is NOT time and one half.Time and a half would be 8hrs holiday pay plus time and one half for working on the holiday which would be a 12 hrs .Total pay would equal 20 hrs. 8 hrs holiday pay plus 12 hrs for working on the holiday.

We're not even getting back what we used to have ... let alone what we never had!!!!

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

LMR

That's what working on a holiday at time and 1/2 looks like in the real world.You get paid for the holiday ,and if you work the holiday you get time and 1/2.Not too complicated

Rock Steady

I know it's not what it used to be . . . . . I got it. But when you crunch the #'s it's still an extra 4hrs. Holiday pay plus 4. Not a loss.

LMR

PROUD MEMBER

LMR
Don't sweat it!
BTW You working today?

LMR

No just enjoying my 8hrs holiday pay😊👍