UFT and Principals Oppose Reopening

Started by Buzz, August 13, 2020, 03:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

The teachers union ... even if it is not representative of the majority of teachers ... as well as principals, are against opening schools Sept. 10. My bet is that they will prevail.

https://gothamist.com/news/nyc-teachers-and-principals-unions-call-postponing-person-school-reopening
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Read the article you posted and they are all valid concerns. The advantage they have is they will get paid wether it's in person schooling or virtual teaching. Doesn't do much for us because we will unfortunately be left collecting or should I say trying to collect from UI system that seems to have to many issues right now.

WigWag16

Quote from: Hammer2161 on August 13, 2020, 07:34:52 PM
Read the article you posted and they are all valid concerns. The advantage they have is they will get paid wether it's in person schooling or virtual teaching. Doesn't do much for us because we will unfortunately be left collecting or should I say trying to collect from UI system that seems to have to many issues right now.

I've been saying for months it's easy for teachers to say to keep things closed when you've been getting paid collecting benefits and still will if schools close. They don't know the struggle