Navman GPS

Started by Buzz, June 16, 2017, 02:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Well, what did you think? I can't see this thing being anything less than a fiasco. We won't know about deleted or added stops until the day it happens?

The instructor was a nice enough guy, but was he just putting us on when he expressed disbelief about cars being double-parked around schools?

And was he serious when he said it can give us directions around traffic tie-ups? Really? On Staten Island? (Or anywhere in NYC for that matter.

And one concern I have: He said trips would be loaded on the device. Does this mean OPT will be assigning trips? To EVERYBODY?

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

hognol

No trip runs WILL be a thing of the past and you won't know you have one until the day of. Currently OPT does assign the trip to routes, it is then re-distributed by our staff. Come on Buzz, you know this already.

PROUD MEMBER

I doubt if no trip runs will be a thing of the past but if that does happen there is no reason you won't know about a field trip the Friday before.  After all that is how they are given out now.

LMR

Proud Member I wish you were right, but as per Anthony they will eventually have nothing to do with trips.OPT will have full control.There will be  no such thing as a no trip run. You will find out the same day

Grrr

topgun

Well I guess you guys will be moving up in seniority.

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on June 18, 2017, 10:52:09 PM
No trip runs WILL be a thing of the past and you won't know you have one until the day of. Currently OPT does assign the trip to routes, it is then re-distributed by our staff. Come on Buzz, you know this already.

Yes, I do know this already. My point was, "staff" will likely not be able to "re-distribute" once this system is operational. As far as OPT knows, everybody does trips.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 19, 2017, 12:03:12 AM
I doubt if no trip runs will be a thing of the past but if that does happen there is no reason you won't know about a field trip the Friday before.  After all that is how they are given out now.

My understanding is that you won't know about a trip until the day it shows up on your computer screen. No paper to be attached to your card the Friday before.

Buzz

Quote from: topgun on June 19, 2017, 03:14:35 AM
Well I guess you guy will be moving up in seniority.

Exactly. There will be a mass exodus of senior drivers.

PROUD MEMBER

Time will tell and if it does happen I'm sure NOT EVERYONE will be doing field trips which obviously will cause more even more problems!

faceit

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Can Make anything happen in this company DON'T BE SURPRISED... BUY YOUR NEW BUS NOW$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :snicker: :snicker:
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on June 23, 2017, 03:12:03 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Can Make anything happen in this company DON'T BE SURPRISED... BUY YOUR NEW BUS NOW$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :snicker: :snicker:

What's the going rate?  ;D

Edelsten

Quote from: Buzz on June 23, 2017, 03:36:24 PM
Quote from: faceit on June 23, 2017, 03:12:03 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Can Make anything happen in this company DON'T BE SURPRISED... BUY YOUR NEW BUS NOW$$$$$$$$$$$$$  :snicker: :snicker:

What's the going rate?  ;D

Lol, right.