This Week's Pay

Started by Buzz, September 02, 2014, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

As per Ernie: This week we'll get paid for days worked plus the holiday. (In most cases that will be 3 days,  4 for the few people who are working Wednesday.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wheresmymoney!

i thought we got paid for the whole week isnt it part of the 39 guaranteed weeks?

gigi11744

i am with u but i think its because we r startng earlier and that puts us over the 39 weeks

wheresmymoney!

what about the end of the year we only got 2 days pay?  doesnt it have to balance out 39 full weeks?  he has to pay us for the holiday right?

Squid

I may be wrong but I think we got paid a full week the last week of June. You will get the 39 week guarantee . If you don't get it this week they have to give it some other week. It all works out in the end.

wheresmymoney!

no we didnt get a full weeks pay trust me! only 2 days pay!

Moose

How could that be school ended on a Thursday June 26

Buzz

This year the last week will be a full week because the last day of school is on a Friday.

gigi11744

i got full week last year at end of year and pay stub to prove it

PROUD MEMBER

I also got a full week's pay for the last week we worked in June. As per the new contract the " New Hires" probably only got paid for the days they worked.

worker341

It is sad that we never know what the left or right hand is doing, Why can't the Union or the office post how many weeks we have in the coming school year 38, 39 , 40, you get the point. So we all know how we are getting paid for the year. That includes days off without pay, days we get paid extra if work we work when the pupil Schools are close, Etc. Post it please post it, it so easy.

PROUD MEMBER

It's pretty simple. Starting next week, Monday (9/8/14) you get a full week's pay for every full or partial week you work excluding the 3 FULL weeks that you are off (Christmas, February & Easter) in which you collect unemployment right through the last week of school (which is the 39th week). Days that you work (Catholic, Jewish, etc.) when Public Schools are closed you get a full day's pay plus 4 hours. Unfortunately if you are a "New Hire" I believe you only get paid for whatever you work. Also New Hire or not you do not get paid for sick or personal days.

Grrr

I believe that we still get Christmas accrual.

rc1790

Buzz, Are we being paid for a full week for today and tomorrow?
We need to know for unemployment this Sunday.
Thanks.

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on September 04, 2014, 04:06:59 PM
Buzz, Are we being paid for a full week for today and tomorrow?
We need to know for unemployment this Sunday.
Thanks.

No, that's what this thread was about. We're getting paid for days worked plus the holiday. In most cases that will be 3 days, but if you gross more than $405, you can't claim unemployment anyway.