Voting for Recchia?

Started by Buzz, October 26, 2014, 06:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

I want to be the first to thank Grimm for outright lying to us and wasting our time during this last election. Also for wasting our money for an eventual special election.

PROUD MEMBER

Goodbye Grimm it's about time U did the right thing!!!

Buzz

Well, bask - if you must - in the misery of a good man brought upon him by a government that singled him out for something virtually EVERYBODY who is in the restaurant business is guilty of ... and it was before he was in office. Meanwhile a douchebag like Charlie Rangel, with numerous ethics violations ... and censure ... is still in office. If this seems like justice to you, so be it. We still owe Grimm a debt of gratitude for saving us from Dumb Recchia.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Moose

PROUD MEMBER

I am not saying Charlie Rangel is any better. He should go too as should any elected official who we put our trust in then outright lies to his constituents and/or breaks the law. Although Grimm broke the law before he was elected does that make it right. If that came out before he was first elected to office in all probability he would never had got elected to begin with. Also if he had confessed instead of lying before this past election he not only wouldn't have got reelected but his party wouldn't have backed him to begin with. The bottom line is HE BROKE THE LAW and then lied and tried to cover it up while being a U.S. Congressman in order to better his future not ours. Then he PHYSICALLY THREATENS the life of a reporter who was just doing his job. He has wasted our time & money and brought shame to Staten Island. Just because he did some things right (which is what an elected official is elected to do) doesn't negect breaking the law. Lastly let's not forget what this web site is about. It's about Local 1181!!!!! I don't recall seeing or hearing from Grimm during those 5 weeks that we were on strike in the rain & cold worrying about our futures & families. Now that's Spot On!!!!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 30, 2014, 10:21:58 PM
... in order to better his future not ours...

In so doing, he bettered the lives of a lot of other people, mine included. If he ran again today, he would again be elected.

Your mileage may vary.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 30, 2014, 10:21:58 PM
... Lastly let's not forget what this web site is about. It's about Local 1181!!!!!

Yeah ... you were for the guy who voted to give Bloomberg a third term. We know how well that worked out for 1181 ...

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
You keep talking about what other politicians have or have not done. And you may very well be correct about each of them. I do not dispute that and I also am not happy with many of them even some of those that I voted for. My point this week is about Grimm and no one else. It is the same point I brought up two months ago and not many people agreed with me then. But now Grimm himself has confirmed it. HE BROKE THE LAW, HE LIED TO HIS CONSTIUENTS, HE THREATENED SOMEONE'S LIFE, HE WASTED OUR TIME & MONEY and HE WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND WHEN WE WERE ON STRIKE. Those are the facts and no matter what good he did or no matter what another politician did or didn't do those FACTS do not change. .... To All My 1181 Brothers & Sisters Enjoy The Rest of Your Vacation and have a Happy New Year!!!

Buzz

LOL ... if every elected official who lied to their constituents had to step down we'd have no congress!

You hate Grimm ... we get it.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
You keep dancing around my point. I'm not talking about anyone else (I already agreed with you about ALL politicians). Why can't you just agree that Grimm broke the law, lied to all of us and is not capable of maintaining the office of a U.S. Congressman? After all he himself has admitted to it and obviously believes he cannot maintain his responsibilities in the House otherwise he wouldn't resign. And you DON'T GET IT. I don't hate Grimm. I'm sure you know by all of my posts throughout this past year that I am not the type of person to hate anyone. I just believe that taking into account this man's past (good & bad) he should not be the one to represent me in Congress. I wish the best for him & his family in the future just not as an official representing me.

Buzz

Not dancing around your point. You hated Grimm before he was overwhelming elected, before you knew he lied, before he admitted guilt and you still hate him now. What he did has no bearing on his ability to represent us. Millions are guilty of the very same thing he was selectively prosecuted for, but few of them would make as good a representative. Backhandedly wishing him well does not hide your disdain for a good man so just pop open a Bud and relish his political demise.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
Unfortunately you disappoint me. There you go comparing Grimm to others (millions) again. For the last time right now I'm talking about Grimm and no one else. That's not what disappoints me. What does is now you're calling me a LIAR. Well if you don't take your Union Brother on his word then maybe I shouldn't be posting on this site. I told you I don't hate him yet you know what I think now and in the past better than I do. FYI I voted for Grimm in 2012 when he ran against Mark Murphy. And by the way I don't drink so why don't you call up your buddy & go have a Bud with him. I come on this site to voice my opinions and thoughts and to discuss with & hopefully help my Fellow Brothers and Sisters. And again I state I wish Mr. Grimm & his family well in the future just not as my Representative. It's a shame that on the last day of the year going into the New Year that one of my Brothers disrespects my integrity. Have a Happy New Year!!

Buzz

Didn't call you a liar, no disrespect, stop being so dramatic. OK, so you don't hate him, you just don't like him and are glad to see him go ... but wish him well.

Truce. Let's let it lie. Happy New Year.