any updates about the contract extension or layoffs?

Started by wheresmymoney!, March 27, 2015, 05:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheresmymoney!

many rumors going around today about senior drivers getting pink slips in the very near future maybe today?  there was an update last week that we shouldnt worry but i dont see it on the union website anymore?

wheresmymoney!

The letter from pioneer came I'm assuming everyone got it? The first paragraph says they're still working on an extension and they don't want to scare anyone.  The second says everyone will be laid off the last day of school and they expect layoffs to be permanent. Which is it?  Very confused.

sbdriver1

That letter is a form letter that every company got they just changed the name of the company. All the letters say the same thing. I believe they're working on an extension, we'll just have to wait and see.

PROUD MEMBER

wheresmymoney!

I work in the Bronx.... No one tells us anything....

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on March 28, 2015, 10:55:33 PM
I work in the Bronx.... No one tells us anything....

Pioneer in the Bronx? And you're saying you didn't get a letter?
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wheresmymoney!

Got the letter.  That's why I'm asking.  The first paragraph says they don't want to scare us and the second says whole workforce is getting laid off permanently.  It's scarey and confusing.  I know you buzz are in the know about everything was wondering if u had any info to ease the mind..

PROUD MEMBER

It's a standard letter that by LAW has to be sent out just in case Neil does not accept an extension that is offered to him. The "word" is in all probability he will get either a two (if he accepts it) or three year extension possible even a five year extension. This is the word that I here but obviously I am not Neil so don't hold me to it but that is what is being said. I personally feel our jobs at all Pioneer properties will be okay. If I were you for a little peace of mind I would ask my Shop Steward.

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on March 29, 2015, 01:33:36 AM
Got the letter.  That's why I'm asking.  The first paragraph says they don't want to scare us and the second says whole workforce is getting laid off permanently.  It's scarey and confusing.  I know you buzz are in the know about everything was wondering if u had any info to ease the mind..

The beginning of the letter was in Neil's own words. The rest of it was wording that is required by law. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

What I'm not clear about is that your post made reference to "senior" drivers ... everybody got the letter, not just senior drivers.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wheresmymoney!

Got the letter after I got home that day that day it's the rumor mill that gave me that Intel.

Moose

wheresmymoney!

Yeah I'm learning same thing.  Understandably tensions are running high.