Drivers Wanted

Started by Buzz, January 13, 2016, 12:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

I use a Username and still say exactly what I'm thinking. John uses his own name and says exactly what he's thinking. Buzz, that's one of our biggest problems at Pioneer as on this site. You state that on this site people wouldn't say what they were thinking if they used their real name but what's the difference many of them will state one thing on this site and then at the yard do just the opposite in fear of going against the Union Reps, Ernie or whatever is perceived as the popular thought. If that's the case whether Username or Real Name what's the sense of posting or commenting on this site?

gigi11744

Quote from: John Eadicicco on January 15, 2016, 10:14:30 PM
Another hide behind the keyboard hero!!!!!! Yay!
,,your respect ain't worth the bullshit u spit out

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 17, 2016, 10:57:43 AM
I use a Username and still say exactly what I'm thinking. John uses his own name and says exactly what he's thinking. Buzz, that's one of our biggest problems at Pioneer as on this site. You state that on this site people wouldn't say what they were thinking if they used their real name but what's the difference many of them will state one thing on this site and then at the yard do just the opposite in fear of going against the Union Reps, Ernie or whatever is perceived as the popular thought. If that's the case whether Username or Real Name what's the sense of posting or commenting on this site?

But would you say exactly what you're thinking if you had to use your real name? (I think not ... otherwise you would.)

The difference is people can say what they're thinking without worrying about "political correctness" ... not that all people (e.g. John) are. Some people would rather not know what people are really thinking, but stopping them from saying it here doesn't mean they're not saying it behind their backs. Granted, some people abuse the advantages of anonymity, but that's the nature of the beast.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Of course I would say exactly what I'm thinking if I used my real name. Whether I use a Username or real name my comments & posts would be exactly the same. If they weren't why in the world would I post anything at all. I personally do not use my real name on this site because I have close relatives that work here and I don't need for them to be harassed as John is for just speaking his opinions. Don't get me wrong I speak the same exact way at the yard that a I do on this site but for some reason at the yard people will listen in a civilized way whether they agree with you or not. On this site if they don't agree with you then you're an Asshole, a MFer, etc., etc. or even to the extent that they want to meet you outside the gate at the end of day. I don't care about putting myself through that if need be but not family members. Maybe you should change this site so everyone has to use their real name. I'm sure it would be more productive for all of us!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 17, 2016, 05:09:37 PM
Maybe you should change this site so everyone has to use their real name. I'm sure it would be more productive for all of us!

Ummm ... no. You can get that on the Pioneer Facebook page.

B-O-R-I-N-G.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.