Unemployment Easter Week

Started by Buzz, March 30, 2020, 05:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Just got word from Ernie that we WILL file for unemployment for Easter week.

You would claim on 4/19, unless you're opening a new book in which case you would do it the week of the 13th according to the schedule below.

From the Unemployment website:

If you are filing a new Unemployment Insurance claim, the day you should apply is based on the first letter of your last name.
A - F file on Monday | G - N file on Tuesday | O - Z file on Wednesday
Missed your day? File on Thurs-Fri-Sat

NYS is waiving the 7-Day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) closures or quarantines.

An additional $600/week until 7/31/2020.
(Beginning 4/5/2020)

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Thank you buzz and Ernie.   Do you think we will see 1104.00.  That would be nice.   I think we have a good shot. 

wheresmymoney!

Yes thats my question will we get the extra money in the unemployment  payment?

Buzz

As I posted above, from the unemployment website ... "An additional $600/week until 7/31/2020. (Beginning 4/5/2020)"

So, according to that ... Yes.

wheresmymoney!

Since they cancelled spring break can we still file for unemployment that week in addition to accrual? Or is it gonna be just a regular pay week now?

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on April 04, 2020, 05:08:19 AM
Since they cancelled spring break can we still file for unemployment that week in addition to accrual? Or is it gonna be just a regular pay week now?

Waiting for a definitive answer on that which, hopefully, we'll get on Monday. I'll be sure to let everyone know.

steady

I would think it would not pertain to school bus drivers. We are not working.  We are a suspended service to further notice not working.

Buzz

Quote from: steady on April 04, 2020, 02:19:10 PM
I would think it would not pertain to school bus drivers. We are not working.  We are a suspended service to further notice not working.

Yes, but even though we're not working, we're getting paid for work. Normally Spring Break week is a non-work week so we claim unemployment. Being the break has been canceled, it's a question of whether we still claim unemployment or will be paid the 85% for the week. (Which would not include those hired since 2013 so they would most likely claim anyway.)

Stay tuned, we should be informed very soon ... I'll let you know.

hideout

Buzz any updates on the Easter accrual check, for those of us eligible, is it a live check, direct deposit, or both? THANKS!

OnTime

Good Morning

Because of whats happening spring break is canceled (to keep everyone busy) we are not affected.  next week we have 3 days of work. as long as you dont make more then 504 you can claim for 1 day, then the following week you can claim the 4 days (unempolyment is a 4 day work week).  After that we will see, but to my understanding we should continue to get paid because they want us ready to go back to work.  BUT everything can change.

Stay Home Stay Save

PROUD MEMBER

On Time
As far as next week goes I believe you are wrong even though it's only three school days as per our contract it is a guaranteed week and we will get five days pay at 85% unless you are a new hire then you will be able to collect unemployment for the two days. This is only my opinion and how I read the contract maybe Buzz can verify. I might even be wrong, Neil might even pay the new hires for the whole five days (instead of 3 days) at 85% for next week.

PROUD MEMBER

Not true. I don't want to get into it here but Neil has done more (at least during this Virus) than you could imagine for many of his employees. Once this is over and we're back to work I'll post what I'm talking about unless it comes out sooner.

faceit

I've removed my post.. hope I was wrong for what I posted
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on April 04, 2020, 08:30:29 PM
I've removed my post.. hope I was wrong for what I posted

We won't know ... at least I won't ... because not all of us saw it, but okay.   ;D

Buzz

Guys, just sit tight and we should have an answer sometime on Monday. Just throwing darts at every conceivable possibility doesn't really matter because it's not up to us.

The union and the company were in telephone conference with the DOE Friday and had hoped to get final guidance on the issue of Easter week by the end of the day but it didn't happen.

Promise I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything definite. Anything else is just conjecture on our part.

Stay well, all!