Unemployment Email

Started by WigWag16, July 24, 2020, 08:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WigWag16

So here's my question.
My year end date is August 16 2020 do I open another claim? Cause In that email we just received says to do nothing.

In addition, we want to remind you about two recent benefit extensions: 

Traditional Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits are now extended for up to 59 weeks: Traditional UI lasts for 26 weeks in New York, and has been extended by both the Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) program, which adds 13 weeks, and the Extended Benefits (EB) program, which adds an additional 20 weeks.

Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) benefits are now extended for up to 46 weeks: Under Federal law, those receiving Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) are not eligible for PEUC or EB, but are now eligible for up to 46 weeks of benefits in New York – up from the original 39 weeks.

In order to continue receiving your UI or PUA benefits, you must continue to certify every week. There is no need to reapply or contact the NYS DOL, unless you are told to do so. New Yorkers can certify online at labor.ny.gov/signin or on the phone by calling 1-888-581-5812 (for UI) or 1-833-324-0366 (for PUA)

wheresmymoney!

Does this mean if our book ends mid August that we dont need to open a new claim? That it will just continue? And if we do will there be a waiting week?

WigWag16

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on July 25, 2020, 12:20:37 AM
Does this mean if our book ends mid August that we dont need to open a new claim? That it will just continue? And if we do will there be a waiting week?

There twitter says if your year end date ends you must refile. If you have 0 effective days you just keep claiming. Mine ends August 16th so i have to re open on the 17th

Hammer2161

I did not read it the same way you did. Simply because if they are now paying out up 59 weeks why would your year end date come into play. I would try to call before I opened that new book in August.

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on July 25, 2020, 01:18:05 AM
There twitter says if your year end date ends you must refile. If you have 0 effective days you just keep claiming. Mine ends August 16th so i have to re open on the 17th

Their Twitter says, "To continue receiving your UI or PUA benefits, continue to certify every week. There is no need to reapply or contact the NYS DOL, unless your benefit year has expired."

Your benefit year has not expired. Unless they tell you otherwise just keep claiming.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

hognol

Quote from: Buzz on July 25, 2020, 02:21:16 AM

Their Twitter says, "To continue receiving your UI or PUA benefits, continue to certify every week. There is no need to reapply or contact the NYS DOL, unless your benefit year has expired."

Your benefit year has not expired. Unless they tell you otherwise just keep claiming.

So you have to reapply the day after your "Benefit Year Ending Date." So Wigwag has to open a new book on 8/17th.

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on July 25, 2020, 02:28:45 AM

So you have to reapply the day after your "Benefit Year Ending Date." So Wigwag has to open a new book on 8/17th.

I could be wrong, but that's not the way I'm reading it. "There is no need to reapply or contact the NYS DOL, unless you are told to do so."

Sounds to me like you don't have to reapply unless your benefit year ended prior to the extension.

Guess we'll find out if we go online the day after our BYE date and see if it lets us open a new claim.

wheresmymoney!

So if we have to open a new claim will there be the waiting week?

hognol

Quote from: Buzz on July 25, 2020, 11:43:50 AM
Quote from: hognol on July 25, 2020, 02:28:45 AM

I could be wrong, but that's not the way I'm reading it. "There is no need to reapply or contact the NYS DOL, unless you are told to do so."

Sounds to me like you don't have to reapply unless your benefit year ended prior to the extension.

Guess we'll find out if we go online the day after our BYE date and see if it lets us open a new claim.
The above statement reads "There is no need to reapply or contact the NYS DOL, unless your benefit year has expired." Not "There is no need to reapply or contact the NYS DOL, unless you are told to do so." No?

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on July 25, 2020, 04:40:02 PM

The above statement reads "There is no need to reapply or contact the NYS DOL, unless your benefit year has expired." Not "There is no need to reapply or contact the NYS DOL, unless you are told to do so." No?

Read the first post in this thread. WigWag16 was quoting the email he got from DOL. I received the same email. It said, as he quoted, "There is no need to reapply or contact the NYS DOL, unless you are told to do so. "

Hammer2161

NYS DOL BANNER
Dear Claimant,

We are writing to remind you that, under current Federal law and US DOL guidelines, this is the last benefit week for $600 Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) payments in New York. That means when you submit your weekly certification between Sunday 7/26 and Saturday 8/1, you will be certifying for your final week of FPUC.

This may change if Congress takes action to extend Americans' unemployment benefits, and we will advise you of any changes.

In addition, we want to remind you about two recent benefit extensions: 

Traditional Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits are now extended for up to 59 weeks: Traditional UI lasts for 26 weeks in New York, and has been extended by both the Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) program, which adds 13 weeks, and the Extended Benefits (EB) program, which adds an additional 20 weeks.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) benefits are now extended for up to 46 weeks: Under Federal law, those receiving Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) are not eligible for PEUC or EB, but are now eligible for up to 46 weeks of benefits in New York – up from the original 39 weeks.
In order to continue receiving your UI or PUA benefits, you must continue to certify every week. There is no need to reapply or contact the NYS DOL, unless you are told to do so. New Yorkers can certify online at labor.ny.gov/signin or on the phone by calling 1-888-581-5812 (for UI) or 1-833-324-0366 (for PUA).

To learn more about extended benefits, visit our PEUC and EB FAQs.   

Thank you,

NYS Department of Labor

That is a copy of the email everyone should be getting concerning their unemployment.

WigWag

My claim ended today so when I tried to claim for this week it only gives me the option to open a new book not to collect . I hope that answers your question.

WigWag16

Quote from: WigWag on July 26, 2020, 03:56:06 PM
My claim ended today so when I tried to claim for this week it only gives me the option to open a new book not to collect . I hope that answers your question.

Thanks so I guess August 17 I'll have to open a new book