Two Teachers test positive....

Started by WigWag16, September 09, 2020, 09:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WigWag16

well the thing i think is alot of people went to get tested and results came in after they already went in lol but yeah who even knows anymore....also we can't expect not to have 0 positives

yabba

cant blame the kids or the classroom   ,maybe they partied too much on vacation

Hammer2161

Well hopefully this isn't the beginning of the end before the school year even gets started.

Absolutely insane !!!! You can't make this shit up.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on September 09, 2020, 10:57:23 PM
cant blame the kids or the classroom   ,maybe they partied too much on vacation

They thought they couldn't get the virus on LBI.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

https://www.pix11.com/news/back-to-school/staff-at-2-nyc-schools-test-positive-for-covid-19-as-teachers-get-ready-for-students

And now the bullshit starts, Mark Treyger I think that's his name doesn't feel the schools should reopen based on the positive testing. Feels that enough wasn't done to keep everyone safe.
And it seems he chairs The New York City Council's Education Committee.
The ink isn't even dry on our contracts and there are already more obstacles.

yabba

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 10, 2020, 03:03:19 PM
https://www.pix11.com/news/back-to-school/staff-at-2-nyc-schools-test-positive-for-covid-19-as-teachers-get-ready-for-students

And now the bullshit starts, Mark Treyger I think that's his name doesn't feel the schools should reopen based on the positive testing. Feels that enough wasn't done to keep everyone safe.
And it seems he chairs The New York City Council's Education Committee.
The ink isn't even dry on our contracts and there are already more obstacles.

ink on what contracts...

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on September 10, 2020, 03:13:44 PM
ink on what contracts...

Pioneer (and all companies, I believe) does now have a contract in place.

Hammer2161

Sorry for being so presumptuous but I was thinking that with the dry runs coming and the training that Pioneer had signed a new contract with BOE. I guess I was getting ahead of myself.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 10, 2020, 03:41:51 PM
Sorry for being so presumptuous but I was thinking that with the dry runs coming and the training that Pioneer had signed a new contract with BOE. I guess I was getting ahead of myself.

Correct presumption.

Hammer2161

wheresmymoney!

Buzz

Hammer2161

Looks like we have our first positive case. A teacher tested positive at New Dorp High School.

Hammer2161

School districts in North Carolina, New Jersey, and New York have a standard for reopening: 44 sq. ft. for every student.

Where the heck did that number come from?

44 Square Feet: A School-Reopening Detective Story
Schools—but not public health officials—across the US are making it a rule: Every student needs to have 44 sq. ft. of space. I tried to find out why.
wired.com

I really like that one lol

yabba

and they were crying about the kids spreading it... 

WigWag16

Hammer2161

Just read a post on UFT twitter from a Charter School principal who stated that his school is going to be fully remote until October 2nd. He didn't mention the school but that sucks.

God Please Help Us.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SEvangelistaHL/status/1304223164281561088?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet