Unemployment Email

Started by TheKid24, December 15, 2020, 01:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid24

New York State Department of Labor has sent you this form because you may be eligible for unemployment benefits for previous weeks. Please note that in order to receive any back-week unemployment benefits, you must accurately complete and return this form.

This form will display certain weeks that you may be eligible to receive unemployment benefits. In order to receive the weekly unemployment benefits due to you, please select 'I was eligible' or 'I was not eligible' for each week that you were eligible. Please select "I was not eligible" for any weeks that you were not completely unemployed. This may be because you worked or you were not ready, willing, and able to work on one or more days. You may be eligible for partial benefits for these weeks. Within a week of submitting this form, we will send you another form to certify for any weeks that you may be due partial benefits. If a week passes and you do not receive the second form, please call the Telephone Claims Center at 1-888-209-8124.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1.        Please click the 'Review Document' button below to view the form
2.        Review the requirements to confirm your eligibility
3.        Please select 'I was eligible' or 'I was not eligible' for each week displayed
4.        Sign the secure form and input any required information
5.        Click the 'Finish' button to submit

Thank you.

This is a secure correspondence intended for the named recipient.

Weeks ending 9/20 9/27 10/4 10/11 10/18 10/25 11/1 11/8 11/15 11/22 11/29

Buzz

What's the question? Just answer accordingly.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 15, 2020, 01:41:26 AM

I'm assuming it's ineligible for all the dates listed because since we gone back to work in September the only time we were able to collect was when we were recently laid off

hognol

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 15, 2020, 03:18:40 PM

I'm assuming it's ineligible for all the dates listed because since we gone back to work in September the only time we were able to collect was when we were recently laid off
Correct. I'm a little uneasy as to why they are sending this to us since we are ineligible and asking us to enter our social security number.

TheKid24

Quote from: hognol on December 15, 2020, 03:28:47 PM
Quote from: TheKid24 on December 15, 2020, 03:18:40 PM

Correct. I'm a little uneasy as to why they are sending this to us since we are ineligible and asking us to enter our social security number.

Maybe to catch anyone who tried cheating the system lol 🤷🏻‍♂️, I just filled it out and checked ineligible for all the dates they gave. 

LMAO

Sign into your unemployment if they are looking for information it should be in the message part for you if unsure call unemployment to verify email better safe than sorry 🎅🏻

Buzz

Quote from: LMAO on December 16, 2020, 01:36:48 AM
Sign into your unemployment if they are looking for information it should be in the message part for you if unsure call unemployment to verify email better safe than sorry 🎅🏻

It's not there but the docusign is legit.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 16, 2020, 02:40:32 AM
Quote from: LMAO on December 16, 2020, 01:36:48 AM

It's not there but the docusign is legit.

I clicked ineligible for all the dates they gave. I looked at my UI history as a well as my checking account and basically since we returned to work we only collected when we were furloughed, so for both emails with all of the dates I clicked ineligible and signed both

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 16, 2020, 03:27:31 AM
I clicked ineligible for all the dates they gave. I looked at my UI history as a well as my checking account and basically since we returned to work we only collected when we were furloughed, so for both emails with all of the dates I clicked ineligible and signed both

I did the same but what LMAO was addressing was whether the email was legit. It was even though there was noting about it in our UI account messages.

OMG

I never received that email from NYS DOL, smells like a scam to me. Why would they request your SS#, when all you need to do was sign in?

Hammer2161

My daughter lives in DC and she got a similar email. Had her contact the unemployment office down there and they told her that they were unaware of any such email and not to even open it if she hadn't already. They further instructed her not to provide any information at all. So maybe you should try contacting unemployment here first before responding.

Buzz

Guys, old Buzz wouldn't steer you wrong. The emails are legit as I stated before. There is a long security code in the email. If you have any doubts, copy and paste the security code into the docusign link below. Your email will come up.

https://www.docusign.net/Member/authenticate.aspx

Also for your edification ... https://dol.ny.gov/unemployment/docusign-faqs

(And it's not the first time some of us have received such an email from DOL.)

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on December 16, 2020, 01:16:06 PM
Why would they request your SS#, when all you need to do was sign in?

It's verification to them that you're the one signing it.

OMG

Yeah, but why not just sign in to unemployment using your regular username and password that you use every time you file for unemployment?

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on December 16, 2020, 05:37:13 PM
Yeah, but why not just sign in to unemployment using your regular username and password that you use every time you file for unemployment?

Who knows? Guess they don't have a way for you to sign within their system.