Unemployment Website

Started by Buzz, August 27, 2021, 05:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid24

Hey guys so I just moved to jersey but still have my info on the UI website listed as NY am
I allowed to claim while I'm physically in jersey or do I have to have someone do it for me that's living in NY? My license and address are both NY but I'm physically in NJ this weekend and going forward in October.

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on September 05, 2021, 05:14:14 AM
Hey guys so I just moved to jersey but still have my info on the UI website listed as NY am
I allowed to claim while I'm physically in jersey or do I have to have someone do it for me that's living in NY? My license and address are both NY but I'm physically in NJ this weekend and going forward in October.

Of course you're allowed to claim ... like everybody else who lives in Jersey and works here. One of the first questions they ask is if your address changed. Might just as well tell them and proceed to file your claim.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Noticed this week that 0-10 hours worked = 0 hours. Used to be 0-4.

My 4th week claiming (including waiting week), no money yet. Can't get through on the phone. Ugh!

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on September 05, 2021, 01:28:24 PM
Quote from: TheKid24 on September 05, 2021, 05:14:14 AM

Of course you're allowed to claim ... like everybody else who lives in Jersey and works here. One of the first questions they ask is if your address changed. Might just as well tell them and proceed to file your claim.

Gotcha thanks because I heard that they can stop payments if you claim from a different state and forget to change your address etc because I claim online not by phone

PROUD MEMBER

Any time I've tried to get through by phone I always did. Only thing is it usually takes me about an hour. I just keep calling and calling until I get through. It's busy I hang up and immediately call back. Sometimes I'll repeatedly call 40,50 or 60 times. I always call first thing in the morning.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 05, 2021, 03:12:43 PM
Any time I've tried to get through by phone I always did. Only thing is it usually takes me about an hour. I just keep calling and calling until I get through. It's busy I hang up and immediately call back. Sometimes I'll repeatedly call 40,50 or 60 times. I always call first thing in the morning.

I was making a long story short. I am able to get through, but after I go through all the menu bullshit and answer a few questions, as soon as I answer that I did not get a payment it says they're too busy and can't take my call ... this is at 8:01 a.m.!