Union Delegates

Started by Stugots, May 28, 2013, 06:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stugots

We took a pay cut, the union delegates should take a pay cut and the people who work in the office.  The President of our union is making 235,000 a year and the President of the Municiple Credit Union is making 156,000.  Look at the front page of the NY Post.  Look what we get for 235,000.  We lost our Easter Checkand we get a raise in medical.  When Sal was the President we never paid for health care.  Were not getting paid for overtime and possible loss of acrual checks.  This is what we get, you have to be kidding me.  It's about time the union steps up to the plate. 

Grrr

This is a quote from one of our posters.

"Michael has assured me all the members of the executive board would take the same cut."

Yeah, but when?

4real

grimreaper

Air_Brakes

Saw Anthony Cordiello holding court with the mechanics this afternoon.   He is an administrative field rep according to the atu site.  Nice play on words.....what?  I'd rather represent myself.  Any info from the field Rep  mechanics?   :thumbdown:

Rock Steady

Even with a pay cut equivelant to ours, they would still be making an annual salary of over $100,000.  Pretty F@#&ing Sad for us !    Plan "B" is way over due.

Gary 209

Quote from: Stugots on May 28, 2013, 06:50:00 PM
and the President of the Municiple Credit Union is making 156,000.  Look at the front page of the NY Post.

We do not belong to the Municipal Credit Union (MCU). As Stated In The NY POST!

Our credit union is the Tranist Federal Credit Union (TFCU). It has nothing to do with the MCU! There is No President in our TFCU. We do have a Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Vice Chairman and Board Directors. We also have a Supervisory Committee: Chairman, Secretary, Vice Chairman, and Board Directors. There is also a Credit Committee in our TFCU.

QUESS WHAT? WE GET PAID NOTHING!!!
WE ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS!!!

In the year 2011 our credit union Lost appx. $339,000. If you were at the annual credit union meeting when it was announced. The "Members For A Change" where in control of Our Credit Union at that time! Their NCUA (National Credit Union Association which is the Federal Govt.) rating since they took over FELL TO A 3! NCUA did impose stricter supervision!
There was a change of the board members in 2012 through our vote, and in the year ending our credit union (TFCU) HAD A PROFIT OF APPX. $375,000. It was also the first year in the past four years prior that a Dividend of $80,000 was paid to it's members including Gift Cards to our Sandy Victims.
Our Credit Union (TFCU)  NCUA rating was Raised to a 2 ( which is above average) in 2013!
Our Credit Union Employees (5) are paid by the credit union and Not by 1181.

So if Your going to make any False Accustions or False Comparison referring Our Credit Union TFCU you can see Any of it's BOARD MEMBERS which are ALWAYS available to You before you open your Mouth!

Grrr

Quote from: Air_Brakes on May 29, 2013, 01:16:07 AM
Saw Anthony Cordiello holding court with the mechanics this afternoon.   He is an administrative field rep according to the atu site.  Nice play on words.....what?  I'd rather represent myself.  Any info from the field Rep  mechanics?   :thumbdown:

Hmmm.  Brother of the president.  Not voted in by the membership.  Now I see how this works.

Stugots

Gary 209, this is for you.  I was making a comparison that MCU President is making 150,000 and our President is making 235,000.  Compared to alot of big union bosses and bank leaders Cordiello gets paid alot of money.  It had nothing to do with our Credit Union.     

Goose623

Stugots. When Sal was President he was taking bribes from non union companies not to organize them. This is why we are in the position we are in today. If those companies were in the union we would've won the strike n none of this bullshit would've happened. I am sick and tired of people saying if Sal was President. Guess what people he is not are president and did this to us. I support are President and Vice President 100% let's see what happens and let them do there job.

4real

Goose you are a model ass kisser

Goose623

And ur an angry person who does nothing to help the situation. U sit behind a computer and biitch and moan while eating a bag of Doritos. Instead of trying to stick together you are trying to divide. If no one knows who I am how is that ass kissing.

yabba

You couldn't ask for a better MAN then SAL .... He was handed down a mess as president and stood like a man took the fAll.and yes if he was still here we would not be in this mess he was a great negotiator and knew how to address his membership and the press. sal had Class and so does his fAmily. He truly cared for his members and would settle for anything but the best for us All.  He did great improvements to our pension and benefit, now only to have it all washed away and as far as winning the strike no way would that have happened.  Sal would have know. You can't beat this mayor. 

grimreaper

Don't forget the medical that we lost after 2wks. They didn't know that would happen after 2wks. Please what a joke.

yabba

Quote from: grimreaper on May 29, 2013, 11:05:34 PM
Don't forget the medical that we lost after 2wks. They didn't know that would happen after 2wks. Please what a joke.

also dont forget at the union meeting wehn michael said we would get unemployment from day1 if we went back on strike...

grimreaper

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on May 29, 2013, 06:05:50 PM
You couldn't ask for a better MAN then SAL .... He was handed down a mess as president and stood like a man took the fAll.and yes if he was still here we would not be in this mess he was a great negotiator and knew how to address his membership and the press. sal had Class and so does his fAmily. He truly cared for his members and would settle for anything but the best for us All.  He did great improvements to our pension and benefit, now only to have it all washed away and as far as winning the strike no way would that have happened.  Sal would have know. You can't beat this mayor.

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: Sal got on a runaway freight train. He had to turn a blind on on the guys who were taking the bribes because they put him where he was. Didn't take a dime of that money himself but he did take the hit for it. The real guilty ones squealed like greased pigs to try and save their own hides. Sal was a stand up guy and did much good for us in the short time he was president.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Yes buzz that's what I was saying.  Sal is a MAN.  A true MAN. If this world had more guys like sal it would be a better place. It's a shame what this job and union turned into. 

mirrorcheck

Buzz thanks for setting the record straight in regards to Sal...I still haven't heard nor seen for fact Sal did anything to harm the union. Who is to say the companies that werenon union could have been successfully lobbied to turn over?
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Bribes to not organize were going on for decades before Sal was president. Sure he knew, but was smart enough to know he couldn't stop it. That didn't prevent him from doing a lot to benefit drivers. He fought for us like no other. It's a shame that so much that he gained for us is being lost.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Just_Right

Hey Goose623,
      First let me say for a president of this union to BRIBE companies NOT to be unionized is a redundant statement.

Now, We are NOT in the position we are today because of that false statement. Just because someone knows something and also KNOWS he can't stop it does NOT make them guilty.

Next, I don't know where are earth you were when Sal was President, but you sure as hell was NOT 1181. And I'll tell you why! First off there was investigation after investigation and he was not found guilty of what you claim to know. If you knew anything about the MAN he is and President he was. You would know he was the most intelligent and caring guy there was ,who stood proud and tall for all of US! He fought hard for all the benefits we are now losing!

And I'll state this again because now  I KNOW you are sick and  tired of hearing this.!

IF Sal was still our president we would NOT have walked ONE day on strike. Just the thought alone to that asswipe mayor would have been more than enough. Sal would never allow his drivers, matrons or mechanics to suffer for what we all DESERVE! So Sorry to say it over and over but you can't stop truth be told.

BTW you and everyone in this union should stick together because divided we are nothing. And that man that sits in the back all day long that CLAIMS to have* an open door policy* thrives on that.

Together we are STRONG! And that my friend is what MAKES a union.

Goose623

BTW u left out when I wrote we need to stick together and stop bashing are union. I have been here long enough for when Sal was president. Like or not many of these non union companies were able to operate under his watch. Whether he took the money or not he knew what was going on. Whether they would've or wouldn't became union we will never know.

mirrorcheck

In a bit of irony, the same people (contractors union and not) that complained about Sal and how he acted and  negotiated. Now who is acting like gangsters? Who is being hurt? Its the working  driver and matrons. The mechanics got a pardon. Personally I'd love to see Sal walk in to the next meeting and watch these guys dry heave. If it could happen they would cry like babies.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Just_Right

Those same companies that paid are still jerking around the union members because people like *spike* and the rest of his cohorts are dead and gone Regardless of what anyone says about Sal No one has ever negotiated and got the results he did.

As for those companies,ask our shop steward about the numerous times we had tried organizing Island Charter,Atlantic Express, and the newest member Happy child, But as you can see it was to no avail. And I know this because I stood by our shop steward at 5am in front of these places listening to him and Andy trying to convince the drivers of these companies to become 1181.They all refused because apparently they fear the owners of threats, of being sent to other boro's if they joined 1181. SO NOW I ASK YOU: Who's acting like a gangster?

There will never be another union President like Sal. And I'm sorry you don't like hearing it. But it's true. I know you said stick together and I did in fact address it. I too stand behind our current President and delegates. However I don't believe his voice or actions compare to Sal's.

But I know one thing for sure.I will NEVER allow another owner like the *man* in  the office to take money from my pocket.I will fight along all the others in our union.To REMIND him that without all of the PROFESSIONAL people we are. His Business would be tanked.He needs to pinch himself everyday to remind himself that he didn't get where he is now without US!

1union

we were told by the shop stewart to cover your own work,leave at starting times,do not use personal cell phones for company buisness.we were also told that we be bringing our buses back to the yard after morning to show somekind of protest but nothing.we let senior drivers take a bullshit buyout so the company can save money.lots of guys asked about buy out but werent offerd,some guys even got denied.pick n choose is not the union way and i will not support a union official that allows such practice.we still are under some bullshit contract and way to many people are kicking good standing members in the face when they call the office and do the favors and union does nothing to stop it.I would love to challange micheal or eddie gig to come to our yard hold a meeting of ouestions and answers.we need to no where we stand and what they plan on doing.if they are going to wait n see the while we are waiting we need to find some good leaders that will get us a contract that we all can live with.We need strong leadership now!No more deals, Speak up before your job is no more!

Ernie

Union1 allow me take this opportunity to clear a few things up for you:

Not the union or anyone else has the right or the power to stop the owner from offering a buyout. It is absolutely not sanctioned by the union. As per your statement about the union or the delegates allowing any such practice is not true. You said about picking and choose. It is not a* pick and choose*.

This buyout was short notice. It came out after I found out there was a buyout in the Bronx and Queens. I questioned Neil about it and he admitted yes. Stating he would offer a buyout In Staten Island. It started Wednesday evening and by Thursday it was complete. I sat in the driver's room with a seniority list, starting from number 1 and went to number 133 and the number of people for the company to offer a buyout was limited to ten. And it turned out to be 11 drivers who accepted the buyout. It was not a favorable buyout. So I agree with you, that no one should have accepted that BUYOUT. But you must understand majority of drivers that accepted this buyout were in fact leaving anyway. So although I disagree about this buyout, why shouldn't they leave with something if they were leaving anyway?No one could have stopped this buyout.

Also just to reiterate, we try to be one union as your name states. However, we all know that we are still divided. Also, I have said time and time again for us to cover our own work. Yet there are still people who are contacted by the office and do the opposite. I along with Andy do our best to stop the favors. Pretty much it has come to an end. And now I will only allow work to be covered for PAY No one works for free.We will not allow anyone to work for free.

As it turns out the leadership we have now will be in place until next June. And then new elections will take place. If there is to be a change I am sure the members vote will speak for itself.Until that time we MUST all stand behind our present leaders strong.

Rock Steady

Listen 1Union, I for one haven't been happy with every decision this union has made over the years. Especially having us give up parity in 97' for a $1,500 bonus check which was taxed to death, guys came home with less than a weeks pay, then the Union personally drove right over it's own people.  I also can't figure out why, since 79', no one thought of getting this EPP chiseled in stone so it wouldn't have to be argued with every negotiation, now here we are.  But I know this for sure, our shop steward is BUSTING HIS ASS for us right now, keeping his eye on everything.  Making sure Neil can't get away screwing any one if he can help it.  Ernie is doing the best he can under these present conditions, and it isn't easy.  Just stand by Ernie, thats all U need to do.

yabba

i know the the disgust a lot of us are feeling toward  1181 is not towards ernie..he and andy do above and beyond the call of duty for us,but woodhaven blvd needs to wake up and communicate with us...but i guess they know there days are number up there..

faceit

Quote from: Ernie on June 05, 2013, 03:07:34 AM
Union1 allow me take this opportunity to clear a few things up for you:

Not the union or anyone else has the right or the power to stop the owner from offering a buyout. It is absolutely not sanctioned by the union. As per your statement about the union or the delegates allowing any such practice is not true. You said about picking and choose. It is not a* pick and choose*.

This buyout was short notice. It came out after I found out there was a buyout in the Bronx and Queens. I questioned Neil about it and he admitted yes. Stating he would offer a buyout In Staten Island. It started Wednesday evening and by Thursday it was complete. I sat in the driver's room with a seniority list, starting from number 1 and went to number 133 and the number of people for the company to offer a buyout was limited to ten. And it turned out to be 11 drivers who accepted the buyout. It was not a favorable buyout. So I agree with you, that no one should have accepted that BUYOUT. But you must understand majority of drivers that accepted this buyout were in fact leaving anyway. So although I disagree about this buyout, why shouldn't they leave with something if they were leaving anyway?No one could have stopped this buyout.

Also just to reiterate, we try to be one union as your name states. However, we all know that we are still divided. Also, I have said time and time again for us to cover our own work. Yet there are still people who are contacted by the office and do the opposite. I along with Andy do our best to stop the favors. Pretty much it has come to an end. And now I will only allow work to be covered for PAY No one works for free.We will not allow anyone to work for free.

As it turns out the leadership we have now will be in place until next June. And then new elections will take place. If there is to be a change I am sure the members vote will speak for itself.Until that time we MUST all stand behind our present leaders strong.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

1union

ernie in no way was i was knocking you or andy in fact i think you guys should be up there fighting for us. I meant i think they should let us know when they are going stop by so we can have an in shop meeting and put any bullsh%t away and stay informed right from the horses mouth.I like many dont no what to believe anymore but i tell you this i stand with you and andy and wish nothing but the best. I did not no about a buyout til thurs.I like a few others was not ask or told about a buyout(me i would have like to go in and tell himwhat he can do with his offer! please clear it up do we use our personal phones or not alot of people calling and the office askig for landlines all day. thanks. ill try and stay positive!

terminator

Once again Ernie clears things up for all of us- Thanks Ernie!

mirrorcheck

Ernie always spoke clearly and honestly with us. I wish for all the time he spent answering questions at interviews(during the strike)that it would have made it to the mainstream. Instead they used botched clips and intentionally made the Pres. Of the local look bad. The media had a lot of footage to choose from.

1union

Can anybody please clear this up for me DO WE USE OUR CELL PHONES or do. We help the greedy scumbag who is steeling our money run his company has usual. Make no bones about it you use your phone to call home and get caught they will fine you.Burn his fuel and come back to the yard ,might be a pain but you are hitting Niel right were he needs to be hit in his pocket. He screwed us right after sandy he fucked us at easter and now he is fucking us againily and laughing his way to the bank.I wish we had leaders up in woodhaven that had some fight in them and would come down on announced visits and keep us fired up but I guess deals are already made .That why they don't have the balls to address us in person .They need shit or get off the pot.I would stand with them but can never find them.And a visit to the card table doesn't count .Ball is in your court do we let the price of an t owner get rich on our hard earned money or do we fight??