1181 Updates 5/29

Started by Buzz, May 29, 2020, 04:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hideout

Any word on June accrual checks from the union?

PROUD MEMBER

hideout

What about pro rating the accrual checks for that portion of the year that we worked?

Buzz

As far as I know we're supposed to get the whole thing. I'll remain optimistic that Neil is going to do the right thing here, but if not, as with Reliant, we know the union will go to arbitration over it. (And win.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

We were also supposed to get paid for May & June as per our contract which has nothing to do with Neil's contract with the City but we aren't. It's always good be be optimistic but let's face reality. I hope I'm wrong. Just so everyone understands and doesn't misinterpret me, I'm not blaming our reps. They can only ask and fight for OUR money but they can't take it out of Pioneer's bank account. As far as Arbitration goes I'd assume that besides the accrual checks that we're also going to ask for May & June (at 85%). And due to this pandemic and uncertain times the chances of us being awarded a win in arbitration is also scary.

LMR

You're pretty much calling it right Proud Member.The one thing I believe we are entitled to is at least 80% of the accrual money because we only lost May and June which is 2 out of the 10 months of the full year.This remains to be seen.Staying positive

Eucerin

Typically when is the Accrual check paid?

PROUD MEMBER

It's usually around two weeks before the last day of school. So this year it should be June 12th.

Eucerin

thanks from your mouth to God's ear's

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 30, 2020, 11:45:16 AM
We were also supposed to get paid for May & June as per our contract which has nothing to do with Neil's contract with the City but we aren't ... As far as Arbitration goes I'd assume that besides the accrual checks that we're also going to ask for May & June (at 85%).

But after getting unemployment during that time, that could be a problem.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 30, 2020, 10:42:30 PM
It's usually around two weeks before the last day of school. So this year it should be June 12th.

Yes, I believe by contract it has to be paid by the 15th, but they usually pay the preceding Friday.

wheresmymoney!

Should get accrual checks prorated. Hopefully theyll give us accrual for the time we've  worked at least. Right thing to do bcz we already earned that money.

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on May 31, 2020, 02:49:05 PM
Should get accrual checks prorated. Hopefully theyll give us accrual for the time we've  worked at least. Right thing to do bcz we already earned that money.

Should get 100% accrual money ... just like Easter.

wheresmymoney!