1181 Updates 5/29

Started by Buzz, May 29, 2020, 04:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer2161

I apologize if if you think I am looking for an argument because I assure you I am definitely not. But what I am saying is I am pretty sure most people are taking advantage of the extra money coming in from both the UI benefits and the extra 600. I can surely appreciate the union going after any money owed us from the DOE but there can possibly be ramifications. And as for the people who tried to take advantage of a bad situation and claim UI benefits they were not entitled to so they could also get the additional 600 to bad for them. Either way I hope somehow it works out in our favor but unfortunately we all no that won't happen. Good luck everyone.

faceit

Heard from a friend who's wife works at Island charter apparently they are not getting the accrual money
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on June 05, 2020, 11:54:26 PM
Heard from a friend who's wife works at Island charter apparently they are not getting the accrual money

Hmm ... that doesn't bode well for us.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

hideout

Anyone know, as per our contract language, how us being on furlough effects our accrual payment?

Buzz

Quote from: hideout on June 06, 2020, 12:52:41 AM
     Anyone know, as per our contract language, how us being on furlough effects our accrual payment?

No ... nobody envisioned this scenario specifically for them to be mentioned together, but we are definitely due the accrual. Whether we get it or not remains to be seen.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

faceit

There is no reason  whatsoever why we shouldn't get our accrual checks.
All lives matter

PROUD MEMBER

Hate to be negative but one reason that Neil might use is that he paid us and also paid into our pension and welfare fund for the month of April even though the DOE didn't pay him. I'm not saying that that should have anything to do with it. But he can turn around and say that we're looking for accrual checks and he already paid all of us 4 weeks pay that he shouldn't have. The bottom line we'll know by June 15th at the latest. If we don't get it then our Reps will do what they have to do. I hope I'm wrong but if we are going to get the accrual I'd assume we would have heard by now.

faceit

That has nothing to do with the accrual money he WILL get paid by the city they have a contract as we do for our accrual money
All lives matter

PROUD MEMBER

I said it has nothing to do with it. We also have a contract that says we should get 85% for May & June but we aren't getting paid.

hognol

Quote from: faceit on June 06, 2020, 07:04:28 PM
That has nothing to do with the accrual money he WILL get paid by the city they have a contract as we do for our accrual money

Not so sure about that. The city is not honoring their contracts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no "force majure" in the city's contract with Pioneer. Bus companies in NJ are still being paid with benefits. Litigation must start but that takes plenty of time.

wheresmymoney!

Weve already earned the pro rated accrual money thats our money....we should be getting it theres no excuse why we wouldnt get it bcz pioneer should already have that money...correct me if im wrong on that point.

Hammer2161

I do agree that our accrual money and opt out money should have already been placed aside since September but I will share this that was told to me from outside the company. Pioneer along with several other companies has not received payment from the DOE since the middle of March. Which means Neil paid out 6 weeks of salary medical benefits and whatever else it is that makes this company run. You do not need to be a mathematician to realize he is probably out well over 10 million dollars as we speak. Not looking to argue just putting out the facts as I know them.