Document Run

Started by Buzz, May 15, 2023, 04:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Just a reminder to document your regular ed run Monday and Tuesday (on the same run sheet).

REMEMBER: There is no such thing as a stop with zero kids!!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I hear you but I would think the 10s of millions that the city has spent on the Via phones and the GPSs in the buses (pulling the brake at ALL stops) would put an end to the "there's one kid at that stop"

Buzz

Not sure I follow you. How would Via/GPS tell them how many kids are at a stop? Maybe later when kids have to scan their ID cards, but now?

PROUD MEMBER

It's not how many kids are at the stop it's if you went to the stop or not.
You said "There is no such thing as a stop with zero kids."
Here is what I'm talking about.
A driver has been doing the same run since September which on the route sheet has 10 stops. For the past four months, he has only had five active stops, so he no longer goes to the five dead stops.
If he was to document at least 1 or more kids at each of the dead stops. Then technically he would have had to go to those 5 dead stops today bc the Board of Ed now with the Via phones and the pulling of the brake has the capability to know if you went to all 10 stops or not.
Now that Driver may document one kid at each of those dead stops but do you think that that Driver actually went to those dead stops today?
But it probably doesn't make a difference bc a doubt if the BOE actually checks those things.

Buzz

Ahh ... okay, I see what you mean. But there were no kids for those stops today or yesterday, but there were last week. Wink, wink.

OPT does NOTHING with these things. Literally.  It's a joke.

However, if they're forced to look at them because they have to add a stop to a run and see no kids at 5 stops on your run, guess who's run it's going.

Golfnut

For the past 4 years every time I do a documentation I Invert two stops and write down on the paper why I switch the stops  . OPT has me going past a stop in the PM then doubling back ,then going back past the stop again . I've noted on each documentation.. Nothing happens ! Nothing has changed so . It's all bullshit !

Buzz

QuoteIt's all bullshit !
You said it!!

Golfnut

Ha ha ha !!! That's the same answer I give when they tell me Cedargrove will be paved soon !

Buzz

QuoteHa ha ha !!! That's the same answer I give when they tell me Cedargrove will be paved soon !

Actually they're supposed to be done by next week ahead of the beach opening on Memorial Day. We'll see.