And the ventilation closures start

Started by Hammer2161, September 08, 2020, 05:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer2161

So the BOE has announced that 10 schools will not be opening on the 21st due to ventilation issues. Surprise surprise now we wait and see what the UFT does with this.

This is unbelievable!!!!

PROUD MEMBER

Does it say what 10 schools? Any of them on Staten Island?

Hammer2161

6 schools in Manhattan 2 in Queens and 2 in Brooklyn.

WigWag16

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 08, 2020, 05:08:34 AM
So the BOE has announced that 10 schools will not be opening on the 21st due to ventilation issues. Surprise surprise now we wait and see what the UFT does with this.

This is unbelievable!!!!

Gee there's a freakin surprise.....not like they had 6 months or anything like that....

Buzz

Are they going to check the ventilation on buses? [Rhetorical]
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 08, 2020, 05:08:34 AM

This is unbelievable!!!!

Looks like it's up to 21 schools.
https://ny.chalkbeat.org/2020/9/7/21426551/ventilation-problems-nyc-schools-closed

Hammer2161

The article I read made it seem like it was 21 schools within 10 buildings. I guess I should have specified that. Either way it's fuel for the UFT to not go back on the 21st.

After going to the yard yesterday and being told that Pioneer still has not been issued any guidance I am more than skeptical about starting up on the 21st.

And now after reading the link posted by Buzz it looks even more dismal.

Buzz

You're right, Hammer ... 21 schools in 10 buildings.

Teachers still not satisfied with the ventilation ... another article today:

https://ny.chalkbeat.org/2020/9/8/21428226/nyc-released-ventilation-reports

yabba

aa44hole mayor should have let them strike and see what it is to try and collect UE and have medicaid...

Buzz

I'll say this: Let just ONE teacher get sick before the 21st and you can fuhgeddaboudit!

Hammer2161

If even one teacher contracts the virus between now and the 21st say hello to 2021.

OMG

The same should be for a driver or matron. A mask, a pair of gloves, and the lack of social distance within the bus will make for an interesting news storyline