8am Friday Morning and Still Nothing

Started by Hammer2161, December 04, 2020, 02:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer2161

So here it is 8am on Friday morning and still no news on what is going to happen for the up coming week. How can it be that everything at this company needs to be so last minute. Everywhere you look it states that schools will start to reopen on Monday Dec 7th. Can it really be that the BOE and Dumblasio have no clue what schools are opening if any.
If they know the schools that are potentially opening why not put it out there to the parents and bus companies SO WE CAN GET SOME GOOD NEWS FOR A CHANGE.

TheKid24

Quote from: Hammer2161 on December 04, 2020, 02:06:32 PM
So here it is 8am on Friday morning and still no news on what is going to happen for the up coming week. How can it be that everything at this company needs to be so last minute. Everywhere you look it states that schools will start to reopen on Monday Dec 7th. Can it really be that the BOE and Dumblasio have no clue what schools are opening if any.
If they know the schools that are potentially opening why not put it out there to the parents and bus companies SO WE CAN GET SOME GOOD NEWS FOR A CHANGE.

You surprised?

Hammer2161

Surprised definitely not.

FRUSTRATED MOST CERTAINLY!!!!

yabba

im sure sunday morning we will still have the same info as now...

Hammer2161

Yabba,
As true as that statement is how is it fair to us. This is ridiculous.

yabba

Sadly nothing is fair on this job anymore.   The old what can we do, is the new norm

Stereo

Only those who need to know, know what is going on. Or those in that secret club know. If you don't belong or fit in that criteria, we just sit on the side line in desperation.

PROUD MEMBER

My opinion is that at this time Pioneer, our Reps and the DOE do not know exactly how many public and non public schools will be open this coming Monday. I would ASSUME that the majority of non public schools and elementary public schools that are not in an orange or red zone will be open Monday and those that are in those zones but have passed the State's guidelines (such as St. Pat's) will also be open. There's no secret club! Obviously Neil, just like us want all or as many runs to go out as possible! I don't think we will get any Official Notification until Sunday afternoon because from now to then the number of schools either reopening or even closing can change! And I'm sure as frustrating as it is, we all already know this!!!!

Buzz

Do you guys really think that if THEY knew they wouldn't tell US?

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on December 04, 2020, 05:26:50 PM

Do you guys really think that if THEY knew they wouldn't tell US?

noone is saying that,at least i dont think...but the city should not expect us to be ready within hours after we have been thrown to the street... they should make sure they have their ducks in a row ...

Buzz

Yabba, you know the city doesn't give a shit about us. However, I imagine they don't really know where they stand either. Last minute notifications seem to be the norm now.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on December 04, 2020, 06:02:33 PM

Yabba, you know the city doesn't give a shit about us. However, I imagine they don't really know where they stand either. Last minute notifications seem to be the norm now.

i cant believe mayor dumbo didnt address the orange zone schools and the opening...i would not be surprised if he pulls the plug on the whole reopening...

Hammer2161

Buzz,
I am not saying they know and are refusing to tell us. But what I am saying is THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN WORKED OUT ALREADY ON THE BOE AND OPT END. We are a huge part of the engine that makes this whole fucking thing run. We deserve a little more respect than we are being shown. And as for not knowing that's bullshit all public schools have been closed since the 19th. There should be no surprise cases at this point.
Why not call it what is a FUCKING SHAM !!!!

PROUD MEMBER

It doesn't make a difference if all public schools have been closed since the 19th the elementary public schools that are in the orange zone have to pass the state guidelines just like the non-public schools any Anton have to.

TheKid24

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 04, 2020, 06:20:35 PM
It doesn't make a difference if all public schools have been closed since the 19th the elementary public schools that are in the orange zone have to pass the state guidelines just like the non-public schools any Anton have to.

Guess I'll get ready for another week to Netflix.....