Week Ending 7/26 Last $600 Extra

Started by Buzz, July 10, 2020, 04:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

this was said in the begining,noone took notice cause it was so far away...time moved fast....just like people are thinking we only have 4 or 5 weeks at 504 a week,then back to work..lets hope things get extended in the next few weeks....there is a lot of uncertainties out there about returning to work.... it does'nt look promising.

Buzz

I realized it very early on because it made no sense that it ended on a Friday when unemployment's week ends on Sunday.

They're saying there's going to be another round of stimulus checks. What's the point of handing out money indiscriminately to people who may not even need it, and not extending the unemployment supplement when they KNOW people who are unemployed DO need?
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on July 10, 2020, 07:43:38 PM
I realized it very early on because it made no sense that it ended on a Friday when unemployment's week ends on Sunday.

They're saying there's going to be another round of stimulus checks. What's the point of handing out money indiscriminately to people who may not even need it, and not extending the unemployment supplement when they KNOW people who are unemployed DO need?

makes no sense..they are saying people wont return to work if they extend the 600.00  i must be missing something,if they extend the 600 and schools open and we decide not to go back to work we will loose UE.. so ill missing the point of 600 extra stopping people from returning to work...

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on July 10, 2020, 07:53:40 PM
makes no sense..they are saying people wont return to work if they extend the 600.00  i must be missing something,if they extend the 600 and schools open and we decide not to go back to work we will loose UE.. so ill missing the point of 600 extra stopping people from returning to work...

Exactly. I hear that all the time from the talking heads. Whether it's school bus or any other business, if your employer is open and you don't go back to work, you do not get any unemployment at all. They have to be approved by the employer so nobody's just staying out of work because they want to.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.