POLL: Return to Work vs. Summer Accrual

Started by Buzz, July 03, 2020, 01:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whenever schools starts in the fall, if we have not received our summer accrual prior to that date, would you:

Be willing to go on STRIKE
14 (66.7%)
Go to work anyway
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Buzz

The city has also floated the idea of alternating days (or weeks) of in-school and at-home learning ... which would mean you would have half the number of kids on any given day. From a transportation standpoint this would make the most sense to me.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

if they decide on a plan either way it is going to be a complete mess.... i just hope they extend this UE by the end of the month,and also extra regular UE weeks... a lot of us the 26 weeks period is coming up fast...lets hope for the best ... im scared we wont see buses on the road till we get a vaccine...  does anyone know as it stands right now are we going to be able to have our UE (504.00) extended past the 26 weeks , not the 600 that ends on 7-26-2020 ...

Eucerin

I believe it was extended to 39 weeks...when I last checked my BYE date it was extended by 13 weeks...

"On March 27, 2020, a law was signed that provides additional Unemployment Insurance assistance to workers impacted by COVID-19. This means that you may qualify to receive: Up to 39 weeks of UI benefits"

Buzz

Quote from: Eucerin on July 07, 2020, 02:51:40 PM
I believe it was extended to 39 weeks...when I last checked my BYE date it was extended by 13 weeks...

"On March 27, 2020, a law was signed that provides additional Unemployment Insurance assistance to workers impacted by COVID-19. This means that you may qualify to receive: Up to 39 weeks of UI benefits"

Yes, but the the $600 federal money.  :'( :'( :'(

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on July 07, 2020, 03:32:31 PM
Quote from: Eucerin on July 07, 2020, 02:51:40 PM

Yes, but the the $600 federal money.  :'( :'( :'(

I opened my file last August 12, my date ends August 16. And it says I have 48 days left. I assume when my days left hits 0 is when I re open another claim. Also I heard on Fox News someone close to Trump they aren't looking to extend the extra 600 given the country is reopening up. But we shall see.

PROUD MEMBER

Let's face reality if the Country doesn't open back up where will the Federal, State and Local governments keep getting these monies to keep paying unemployment and other benefits. Without income, sales and other taxes we don't have a Country!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 07, 2020, 11:51:44 PM
Let's face reality if the Country doesn't open back up where will the Federal, State and Local governments keep getting these monies to keep paying unemployment and other benefits. Without income, sales and other taxes we don't have a Country!

Exactly what the dems want. Keep the country in shambles until the election.

PROUD MEMBER

The mayor and chancellor put out their return to work school procedures today with regards to basically everything from remote learning and brick & mortar learning with no mention of how school busing will operate.

yabba

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 08, 2020, 05:11:56 PM
The mayor and chancellor put out their return to work school procedures today with regards to basically everything from remote learning and brick & mortar learning with no mention of how school busing will operate.

i was hoping a reporter asked about  buses but no a single question...seems everyone forgot about buses

WigWag16

wheresmymoney!

How can he possibly make a call for the whole year?

WigWag16

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on July 08, 2020, 07:15:39 PM
How can he possibly make a call for the whole year?

So in other words if he doesn't think it's safe to return to the buildings they will remote learn from September-January 🤦🏻‍♂️ then do blended learning January on

steady

Your misunderstanding the plan. When they say not fully open they mean that students will attend on a part time basis.  ie: A student will attend school 3 days the first week, the following week that same student will attend school 2 days, the 3rd week that same student will attend school 3 days again so on and so forth alternating.  This would start in Sept.  That is what they mean by not being fully open. If you do the math each student will be attending school 5 out of 10 school days, thereby reducing attendance in school by 50%. Also reducing school bus capacity

steady

Sorry I missed a second proposal of students returning at 33% capacity. The first as stated was 2 days first week 3 days 2nd week etc.at 50 %.  The 2nd plan would be a student attend 2 days the 1st week then 1 day the 2nd week etc. giving an attendance of 33%

WigWag16

Quote from: steady on July 09, 2020, 12:50:42 AM
Sorry I missed a second proposal of students returning at 33% capacity. The first as stated was 2 days first week 3 days 2nd week etc.at 50 %.  The 2nd plan would be a student attend 2 days the 1st week then 1 day the 2nd week etc. giving an attendance of 33%

well according to one of the plans which are similar to others It's insane....so Monday is the alternating week day. Group A Tuesday/Friday Group B Wednesday/Thursday, the days they aren't in they remote learn,and they rotate on mondays. You can opt in for full remote learning as well. Once again no mention of busing. All I know is bus companies need to get the ball rolling as well and not put together a last minute plan