POLL: Return to Work vs. Summer Accrual

Started by Buzz, July 03, 2020, 01:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whenever schools starts in the fall, if we have not received our summer accrual prior to that date, would you:

Be willing to go on STRIKE
14 (66.7%)
Go to work anyway
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Buzz

The way I understand it, half the kids will alternate going to school 2 days one week, 3 days the next week. This would cut the number of kids in half. Whether half can be done in one trip according to whatever number they set as acceptable would depend on the run.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

It stands to reason if the DOE is going to mandate which students on which days are gonna go to school and how many students are gonna be in each classroom that OPT will make the runs so that social distancing is also in place on the school buses. If they're gonna set up classrooms with only 12 people then I'd assume their gonna set up runs with only 12 people on the bus.

WigWag16

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 09, 2020, 04:09:57 AM
It stands to reason if the DOE is going to mandate which students on which days are gonna go to school and how many students are gonna be in each classroom that OPT will make the runs so that social distancing is also in place on the school buses. If they're gonna set up classrooms with only 12 people then I'd assume their gonna set up runs with only 12 people on the bus.

Less kids in the building hopefully means not multiple trips for the same
Run

Stereo

I for one will return to work. I am hopeful PIONEER will do the right thing. Obviously if they don't have enough routes due to parents taking the kids to school, SNR drivers will be hired before newbies.

PROUD MEMBER

3 SI Catholic Elementary schools just closed their doors for permanently. I'm sure that's not good for social distancing. I don't know the exact number but I have to guess that's around  500 students that are going to placed in different schools.

faceit

No matter how they alternate it they will need bussing every day
All lives matter

Peter

Let's say one of the kids on my bus has covid.  Is someone going to notify me?  And who would it be?   And since I was in contact with someone with covid, the office is going to tell me that I should quarantine for 14 days.  Do I get paid for that time or do I lose 14 days of pay?  Do I go on Workmans Comp since it happened on the job?
I love Lutefisk.

WigWag16

Quote from: Uncle OhNee on July 10, 2020, 01:08:55 AM
Let's say one of the kids on my bus has covid.  Is someone going to notify me?  And who would it be?   And since I was in contact with someone with covid, the office is going to tell me that I should quarantine for 14 days.  Do I get paid for that time or do I lose 14 days of pay?  Do I go on Workmans Comp since it happened on the job?

According to COVID proposals we are supposed to go in 14 day quarantine and get paid for it

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 09, 2020, 07:17:57 PM
3 SI Catholic Elementary schools just closed their doors for permanently. I'm sure that's not good for social distancing. I don't know the exact number but I have to guess that's around  500 students that are going to placed in different schools.

"The following Catholic schools in the New York Archiocese will not reopen:

--Our Lady of Mt. Carmel-St. Benedicta School, Staten Island

--St. Joseph-St. Thomas School, Staten Island

--Sts. Peter & Paul School, Staten Island"

https://abc7ny.com/what-catholic-schools-are-closing-school-closings-nyc-which-2020/6309217/

Surprised that St. Joe St. Tom is on that list.

On other websites ... don't know how accurate ... I found these enrollment figures:

--Our Lady of Mt. Carmel-St. Benedicta School ... 170

--St. Joseph-St. Thomas School ...238

--Sts. Peter & Paul School ... 250

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on July 10, 2020, 01:24:05 AM

According to COVID proposals we are supposed to go in 14 day quarantine and get paid for it

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Peter

Quote from: WigWag16 on July 10, 2020, 01:24:05 AM
Quote from: Uncle OhNee on July 10, 2020, 01:08:55 AM

Thanks for the reply.  You are 100% right.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/03/19/trump-coronavirus-sick-leave/#15a896c3f0ac

VOTE FOR TRUMP
I love Lutefisk.

PROUD MEMBER

The key word here is PROPOSALS

Buzz

Quote from: Uncle OhNee on July 10, 2020, 01:34:25 AM
Thanks for the reply.  You are 100% right.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/03/19/trump-coronavirus-sick-leave/#15a896c3f0ac

Did you read the part that says, "Who doesn't qualify for paid sick leave?

Not everyone qualifies for paid sick leave benefits under this new law. Here's who is not eligible:

You work at a company with 500 or more employees."

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 10, 2020, 01:35:09 AM

The key word here is PROPOSALS

Yeah, that what I read and why I said I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think someone is getting confused with Trump's legislation regarding same, which wouldn't apply to us.

Peter

Let's go back to my original post.

I love Lutefisk.