Schools to start reopening on December 7th

Started by Hammer2161, November 29, 2020, 06:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid24

So you're pretty much saying if I have a public school that's open on the 7th there's a chance I can't work it cause of this seniority stuff again.....bulllllllshit I call

LMR

Not currently on the list .Opted out for Catholic and Private schools.

Hammer2161

From what I understand if you did not volunteer to work starting Nov 30th you will be furloughed until all schools open back up and everyone returns to work. It is my understanding that as schools open back up they will continue down the list with drivers that volunteered to work first before forcing or offering work to anyone who said no.

TheKid24

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 29, 2020, 10:44:03 PM
From what I understand if you did not volunteer to work starting Nov 30th you will be furloughed until all schools open back up and everyone returns to work. It is my understanding that as schools open back up they will continue down the list with drivers that volunteered to work first before forcing or offering work to anyone who said no.

Cool I'll continue to just screwing off 🤬🤬🤬

OMG

Actually, I opted out of doing anyone else's work but my own. If someone has a school that opens up on the seventh they should be able to do it. The union and the company didn't make sense. The union told us once your hand at a run you have to take it, while the letter we got from the office said we were able to turn it down and go on unemployment.They were working against each other

Hammer2161

WTF247,
Listen I didn't put that out there to piss anyone off but the precedent has been set. I would rather they call everyone back to work as early as tomorrow but we all know that's not happening.

yabba

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 29, 2020, 10:44:03 PM

this was never said to us..  they need to make a new plan for the 7th,and explain it fully to everyone..and we need to here it from one person... no more mis information..... 1181 need to make it clear in a letter and buzz can post it...

OMG

Well, it's a little too late now. I know for a fact many were told once your name is on the list you can't turn down any run they give you you must take it. Then all of a sudden the letter comes out from the office saying you can turn down the run if you don't like it, i.e. you get a late Jewish school. Having a late Jewish school may not work out certain drivers, that's why they didn't put their name on the list to cover other peoples work. So if a drivers runBecomes active again they should be able to take it.

Hammer2161

Listen I agree with you guys I missed working tomorrow by less than 10 names and my run is actually going out. But seniority didn't put me in the mix so far. All I am saying is if everyone is not going back to work at the same time they will continue to offer work based on seniority and wether or not you said yes initially. I doubt they are going to change their plan on a week to week basis.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 29, 2020, 11:19:34 PMAll I am saying is if everyone is not going back to work at the same time they will continue to offer work based on seniority and wether or not you said yes initially. I doubt they are going to change their plan on a week to week basis.

I think you're right. If a guy didn't want to do somebody else's run this week I doubt very much he'll be given another bite of the apple.But if a driver's own run is working, I'm pretty sure he'll be the one doing it ... as long as there's nobody above him not working. Seems fair to me.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on November 29, 2020, 11:18:59 PM
So if a drivers runBecomes active again they should be able to take it.

As long as there is no one above him who is not working (and wants to) he will do his own run.

Just as Hammer posted ... his run is going this week, but somebody with more seniority will be doing it. I don't think it will be any different going forward.

Hammer2161

Thanks Buzz, all I was trying to convey is seniority will continue to take precedence regardless of wether or not your run is going out until everyone is brought back to work.

Hammer2161

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on November 29, 2020, 10:57:23 PM
Actually, I opted out of doing anyone else's work but my own. If someone has a school that opens up on the seventh they should be able to do it. The union and the company didn't make sense. The union told us once your hand at a run you have to take it, while the letter we got from the office said we were able to turn it down and go on unemployment.They were working against each other

If you have a school that opens on the 7th you will be able to do it unless a senior man who opted to work is without work.

Actually, the letter from the office did not say you could go on unemployment. It said you would be "furloughed." That does not necessarily mean you'll be eligible for unemployment.

In one sense it's not fair that you have to commit to doing a run you never even saw, but look at the practicality of it. They just put out a list of drivers who are to report to work ... voluntarily. If 10 guys look at their runs and say they don't want to do them, who's going to cover the runs? There will probably be a few people shaping but there has to be some deterrent to refusing to work at the last minute.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 29, 2020, 11:54:54 PM
Thanks Buzz, all I was trying to convey is seniority will continue to take precedence regardless of wether or not your run is going out until everyone is brought back to work.

Yep, and I think you did that.