Schools to start reopening on December 7th

Started by Hammer2161, November 29, 2020, 06:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMR

So Buzz are you saying that if you didn't put your name on the list to work and your public school opens on the 7th or the 10th you can return to work to do your own run unless someone with more seniority who is on the list wants to cover that run.

Hammer2161

Actually LMR I think they will have to exhaust the list of people who said yes initially before they can offer a run to anyone.

Buzz

Quote from: LMR on November 30, 2020, 12:14:27 AM
So Buzz are you saying that if you didn't put your name on the list to work and your public school opens on the 7th or the 10th you can return to work to do your own run unless someone with more seniority who is on the list wants to cover that run.

I would assume so. Look, Hammer's run is working this week. Somebody with more seniority is doing it. Why would it be any different the following week? It's the same scenario, just involves more schools.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

none of this was said ...i would think most of the work will be back on the 7th..if the public schools can open i think the private will be able to also in the orange zone.. 

OMG

Exactly, they said you would be furloughed, and nothing more. They didn't elaborate or clarify any more. To sum it up the way some of us took it, we had a choice.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 30, 2020, 12:30:48 AM
none of this was said ...i would think most of the work will be back on the 7th..if the public schools can open i think the private will be able to also in the orange zone..

What wasn't said? Not sure what you're referring to,.

Public schools will all be on the same schedule for testing whereas non-public will do it whenever they're going to do it so there might be some that can open and some what can't.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Listen Guys as shitty as it seems the precedent is already set and if all runs are not working next week I would think the runs would go to the people who VOLUNTEERED TO WORK regardless of wether or not their respective run was going out or not.
With that said if they need to pull drivers in to work because that list gets exhausted and you get to work you will then have the right to work your run if it is going out.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on November 30, 2020, 12:34:37 AM
Quote from: yabba on November 30, 2020, 12:30:48 AM

What wasn't said? Not sure what you're referring to,.

Public schools will all be on the same schedule for testing whereas non-public will do it whenever they're going to do it so there might be some that can open and some what can't.

nothing was said that is your run was off do to public schools closing and you chose not to take a private school run,your not gauranteed your run when the schools open back up....

Hammer2161

Yabba,
No one is saying you won't get your run back. All we are saying is the Volunteer list will be exhausted before they will bring anyone else back to work. But once you are brought back to work wether it's before all runs are reinstated or when they are reinstated you will most definitely get your run back.

yabba

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 30, 2020, 12:52:42 AM
Yabba,
No one is saying you won't get your run back. All we are saying is the Volunteer list will be exhausted before they will bring anyone else back to work. But once you are brought back to work wether it's before all runs are reinstated or when they are reinstated you will most definitely get your run back.

ok thanks ..i appreciate your response...

OMG

A lot of thing weren't said, along with some contradictions

LMR

When public schools shut down they started a list to cover private and catholic schools.You were not mandated to work.When your public school opens you should be able to resume your run at the school the closed and now reopens.The list was for private and catholic schools only

Hammer2161

The so called list was for wether or not your wanted to work or not period. It was not specifically for catholic or private schools. We all interpreted it that way because those were the only schools open this coming week.
I totally understand where everyone is coming from but why is it ok for senior drivers who only do public schools to take my catholic school run this week leaving me furloughed but it's not ok for me to take someone's run next week if we are not all back to work.
NOW I AM CALLING BULLSHIT !!!!

LMAO

Are you guys out of your minds ? If Public schools opens next week I for one will be on my run ! Hahaha pick a run with all types os schools next time hahahaha you can't make this shit up !!!   

yabba

Quote from: LMAO on November 30, 2020, 01:12:41 AM
Are you guys out of your minds ? If Public schools opens next week I for one will be on my run ! Hahaha pick a run with all types os schools next time hahahaha you can't make this shit up !!!

yeah when is the pick...another joke