Schools to start reopening on December 7th

Started by Hammer2161, November 29, 2020, 06:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faceit

WTF I THINK YOU DO NEED TO WAKE UP AND READ ABOUT WHAT UNIONS ARE ALL ABOUT AND HOW THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO WORK.... your not the only one paying dues I've been paying dues for 23 years 
I'll be dammed if a Junior guy works before me...
All lives matter

TheKid24

Quote from: faceit on November 30, 2020, 01:37:08 PM
WTF I THINK YOU DO NEED TO WAKE UP AND READ ABOUT WHAT UNIONS ARE ALL ABOUT AND HOW THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO WORK.... your not the only one paying dues I've been paying dues for 23 years 
I'll be dammed if a Junior guy works before me...

Ok wake me up when I matter again......

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 30, 2020, 01:21:01 PM
Quote from: WTF247 on November 30, 2020, 01:43:38 AM
Wake me up when junior men who pay dues are given a shit about again 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And how would you suggest that should happen? Should they be able to work before senior drivers? (Who have been paying dues for many, many more years, by the way. And if you're not working, you're not paying dues.) What's your solution?

My solution would have been to scrap this idea once he said schools were opening up next week and have people do their runs this week, and pay people 85 percent for not going out and next week people do their runs as usual but that's just me speaking.

faceit

All lives matter

Hammer2161

WTF247,
Paying everyone 85 percent would work in theory if the BOE was paying Pioneer for the runs even if they didn't go out. To the best of my knowledge Pioneer only gets paid for the runs that actually work on any given day except for holidays and scheduled school closures.
Listen I understand the frustration and for some the desperation but if everyone is not working both Pioneer and 1181 must assign work based on seniority. Seniority is the very basis of what a union is built on. If you forego seniority then you are undermining the very principles of what a union is. Working for a union shop is not for everyone and maybe some people should have thought about that before they took this job.
I truly wish we were all working but unfortunately that isn't the case. Hell I got within 10 names of working today but even though my run is going out I am home with everyone else. I have to respect that it's being done the right way and unfortunately so does everyone else. Hopefully this nightmare ends soon.

TheKid24

Quote from: faceit on November 30, 2020, 02:01:03 PM
me me me and fu$& everyone else

Same can be said on the other side too....😎🤣

Buzz

Quote from: WTF247 on November 30, 2020, 01:53:38 PM

Dude, how's this for mattering again: The company didn't have to pay you dick for last Friday, and for some, not even Thanksgiving. But the union ... the one you say doesn't give a shit about you ... worked that deal out.

And, by the way, contractors do not get paid a dime for those two days.

I think you'd be a lot happier here if you put your sense of entitlement in check.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 30, 2020, 02:45:46 PM
Quote from: WTF247 on November 30, 2020, 01:53:38 PM

Dude, how's this for mattering again: The company didn't have to pay you dick for last Friday, and for some, not even Thanksgiving. But the union ... the one you say doesn't give a shit about you ... worked that deal out.

And, by the way, contractors do not get paid a dime for those two days.

I think you'd be a lot happier here if you put your sense of entitlement in check.

I'd rather be working my run than get a day after thanksgiving(I was getting thanksgiving regardless) but that's just me....I'll just sit back and observe from now on because a junior drivers opinion I guess don't mean anything

faceit

WTF THE NEW SHOPRITE IS HIRING BUT YOU MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM THERE TO THEY ARE A UNION SHOP
All lives matter

TheKid24

Quote from: faceit on November 30, 2020, 03:15:34 PM
WTF THE NEW SHOPRITE IS HIRING BUT YOU MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM THERE TO THEY ARE A UNION SHOP

Jeez.....striking a nerve are we. Hey you got your opinions, I got mine

steady

WTF your not alone, over 200 are in your situation. Thank god some are civil. I too was laid off once and dealt with it. Next week you'll be back at work.  Calm down

TheKid24

Quote from: steady on November 30, 2020, 03:24:51 PM
WTF your not alone, over 200 are in your situation. Thank god some are civil. I too was laid off once and dealt with it. Next week you'll be back at work.  Calm down

I doubt it. With some seniority drivers only having JHS runs and not working who's to say they won't continue doing this list stuff till they open EVERY SINGLE schools

Example, I have a PS school in the AM, I'm sure they will give that to the next person on the list who doesn't work at all. So I lost my Jewish school in the PM already and lose my PS in the AM and PM as well if they continue to do it this way.

steady

The routes cannot be taken apart.  They stay as is.

TheKid24

Quote from: steady on November 30, 2020, 03:39:57 PM
  The routes cannot be taken apart.  They stay as is.

After what I saw this week, I wouldn't put it past the "union" to give my PS schools to a senior man with only JHS schools not working because you know "senior men gotta work" or the driver that has my Jewish school will get my PS schools next week and just do my entire run. Or if the driver that took
My Jewish school goes back to her run that has a PS school and they give my PS schools and Jewish school to the next driver up and not me.

Hammer2161

WTF247,
Your run will stay intact whether you do it or someone else does it will not be broken up. They can not break up runs plain and simple.
Listen I don't believe there are many if any runs that just have junior high schools on it. As far as high schools go they only get special needs service and again I do not believe we have to many of those runs and if they fall under the DISTRICT 75 Banner they will be open by the 10th. I would think most if not all drivers should be back at work sometime next week. Unfortunately it's a waiting game where we are not given very much information. But that could simply be because there is not much information to give right now. I would venture that there are a lot of people feeling that financial crunch right now. But we need to be patient.

WE BELONG TO A UNION AND ESPECIALLY NOW WE NEED TO HAVE FAITH IN WHAT OUR UNION IS DOING FOR US !!!!