Free COVID Testing at Yard

Started by Buzz, September 15, 2021, 01:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

In case you didn't see the email:

"Tomorrow, Wednesday 09/15, COVID-19 PCR testing will be available at 2890 Arthur Kill Road and 751 Zerega Avenue between the hours of 8:30 am and 1:00 pm.
The testing is free. You will just need to bring identification, preferable your driver's license.
:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

Doesn't say it's mandatory to take it at the yard, I'll go to a place near my house and forward them the results than go wait on line at the yard after my AM

docjones

It doesn't say anything about being mandatory at all. Do all unvaccinated drivers need to have a test??

PROUD MEMBER

If you're going to get tested in my opinion you might as well just go back to the yard and get tested I doubt if you were going to have to wait on a long line and besides it saves money. You don't have to go through your insurance and the insurance company doesn't have to pay hundreds of dollars which in the long run saved all of us money.

PROUD MEMBER

Yesterday's email didn't say anything about being mandatory but if you go back to the last email that we received on 9/06/21 (if I'm reading it correctly) I believe that all school teachers, staff and school bus drivers/matrons that are unvaccinated will have to do a weekly COVID-19 test. That's unless nothing has changed since that email but I could be wrong so I would check with the office and the union. Don't assume that you don't have to be tested then come 9/27/21 you find yourself out on unpaid leave like the teachers.

TheKid24

I was instructed to get a test this past Friday so if anyone asked I was covered for this week so I'm not sure if I even need to get a test this week given I came back negative....

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on September 15, 2021, 12:07:30 PM
I was instructed to get a test this past Friday so if anyone asked I was covered for this week so I'm not sure if I even need to get a test this week given I came back negative....

Who instructed you?

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 15, 2021, 11:09:24 AM
Yesterday's email didn't say anything about being mandatory but if you go back to the last email that we received on 9/06/21 (if I'm reading it correctly) I believe that all school teachers, staff and school bus drivers/matrons that are unvaccinated will have to do a weekly COVID-19 test. That's unless nothing has changed since that email but I could be wrong so I would check with the office and the union. Don't assume that you don't have to be tested then come 9/27/21 you find yourself out on unpaid leave like the teachers.

The last line of that email said, "Once we receive information from the New York City Department of Education we will share it with you."

Nothing has been shared so far.

Yesterday's email just said it was "available." I'm sure if it were mandatory they would have made that clear.

Buzz

Now, the notice that was posted in the window was worded differently than the email we were sent.

This made it sound like ... without really saying ... that testing is mandatory if you're not vaccinated.

After speaking to our union delegate I find out that it is NOT YET mandatory but probably will be in the very near future.

I just point this out to clear up any confusion that others have approached me with. I am 100% in favor of being vaccinated and if anybody, for whatever reason, will not get vaccinated, I am 100% in favor of them being forced to be tested every week.

Just my opinion.

PROUD MEMBER

Agreed. I also believe that no one should be forced to get vaccinated but if that is what they choose than for their own safety, the safety of their co-workers and the safety of the children they should be forced to get tested weekly.

Buzz

My problem is, why are the kids no longer forced to be randomly tested weekly? They CAN'T be vaccinated. Doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, maybe no one should be forced to be vaccinated, but if the choice is get that jab or lose your job, you really have to weigh your options.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on September 16, 2021, 01:52:29 PM
My problem is, why are the kids no longer forced to be randomly tested weekly? They CAN'T be vaccinated. Doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, maybe no one should be forced to be vaccinated, but if the choice is get that jab or lose your job, you really have to weigh your options.

Studies are showing now that if you have had Covid the antibodies are better than the vaccine long term. Everyone has their opinion on what to do but I'll have no problem going for a weekly test. There's a place around the corner from my parents house that do mouth swabs. If people want to get the vaccine that's fine if people want to be tested that's fine BUT you should not be threatened to lose your Job by getting forced to get the shot. The Democrats and Biden are on record that the federal government cant force you to get the shot soooooo what changed ?

LMAO

Hey Kid 24
As I stated in January the higher gas prices was only the beginning! Fight for  freedom 🇺🇸
( and it's only been 8 months 🤬)

TheKid24

Quote from: LMAO on September 16, 2021, 05:05:15 PM
Hey Kid 24
As I stated in January the higher gas prices was only the beginning! Fight for  freedom 🇺🇸
( and it's only been 8 months 🤬)

Yupp trust me I'm with ya....no sheep here lol

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on September 15, 2021, 12:07:30 PM

Again I ask ... who instructed you???