VIA Training Notice from 1181

Started by Buzz, March 21, 2022, 06:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Kid24

This would be smart to train us during our refresher dates BUT this program is going to be such a strain on drivers especially those who aren't to up to date with technology. I was one of the 20 that were suppose to be apart of the test program last summer and it never took off due to SIM card issues and drivers pointing out many distractions issues mainly if a student loses their ID or forgets to swipe their ID it is up to the driver to manually put the students Info into the system or finding out which student did not swipe. The issue with the driver entering the information is that while We are doing that causing us to be late to the next stop more importantly who is watching our student cross the street to make sure a car doesn't run our stop sign potentially hitting our students. I'm one for if it's not broke  don't change it but this has a mess written all over it.

Golfnut

First of all I didn't get this email so I thank you for posting it . Second of all I agree that this has "Disaster" written all over it ! What a waste of money And time ! I have a feeling it won't last !!

docjones

Thats what happens when people vote for DemocRATS...they take your tax money and piss it in the toilet on garbage like this and speed cameras

Buzz

Another hot mess from the DOE. As far as "any questions" goes, neither Andy nor Owen were told anything about this. Spoke to Ernie ... the union sent this as per a notice they got from OPT but were told nothing else about it.

We only have 25 units. The Bronx has NONE. But besides protecting drivers regarding the use and care of these things during training, the union says they will allow no one to actually use them without a written agreement in place regarding driver responsibility.

So far, this is just another example of OPT jerking off with both hands.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.