Here we go again

Started by Just_Right, May 17, 2014, 02:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just_Right

Whoa!
Looks like Owen is back to Mr. Mean. He gave an old timer a bus, and because he seen the bus that he used to drive was dirty the next day he took the bus away. He calls the old timer back to yard and the man gets to cleaning the bus taking a couple of hours. And then Mr Mean decides to take the bus away anyway. Is he taking on the role of judge and jury again? Are we going to have to deal with this shit all over?
Where the hell is Neil? This man is taking this company down and spitting all over it. This man is a freak for power. Why the fuk isn't Neil seeing this. It's bad enough some in the office kiss his ass, do we have to continuously deal with this shit too?
We had to get accustomed to his bipolar ways and now we have heard some whispers in the yard about him eating some flesh, they say his new name is now Hannibal of Pioneer. Problem with that is he doesn't come up for air. He is not representing Neil is such a respectful way,. Can we vote him out? We hear even the office people hate him.

Goose623

And to think he used to be a driver!! There used to be tons of drivers at the yard in between now no one is there.. Nobody wants to b there cause of him..

PROUD MEMBER

Although I don't know the particulars of any of the drivers who have a grievance with Owen, I personally have never had a problem with him. As far as I see it if you do your job he is a fair & good GM. I'm sure things could be A LOT worse. Nobody is perfect. And with this particular incident I feel for the driver but how clean could his bus have been if your saying it took 2 hours to clean it.

Just_Right

Well then since you never had a run in with owen you can consider yourself lucky.After all I am sure he hasn't gotten to all the drivers and matrons yet.We are a lot of people.So hope you don't get in his sights.It doesn't really matter how *dirty* the bus was and owen couldn't give a shit.It was just owen being owen.He enjoys treating the people in pioneer less than human.It's gives him a hard on.Oh and I didn't say 2 hours I said a couple.But the point wasn't how long it took.It was owen being ruthless and despicable.He has a meanness in him,and it's as though he enjoys watching people upset.He likes to suck the life out of people.

worker341

Don't know what took place and I do feel for anyone who has to do what that driver did, however I think I know why shit like this happens. First there are and always was ass kissers these are the ones that cause problems for all of us. How you say, well I am not going to mentioned names but I will give you some examples. ( And there are so much more) Did you see the guy who waxes his van or bus on the property in front of the office or how about the person who gets the bucket and the mop and mops the whole inside of the bus in front of the cameras. I can go on and on you all see this kind of shit happening every day on the property. Sadly I believe this is just the begining for all of us, and the only way this is going to stop is by all of us turning our back on these candy ass people who are killing this job. Our Union should post things to do and things not to do on the property. And if someone waxes or mops the inside of the bus, fine them x amount of dollars. Our own pioneer people are killing this job not the general manager, he is only feeding on what the ass kissers give him. If an ass kisser can do it so could the rest of us. Union, people of pioneer.stop these people and the shit may stop, again may stop.

PROUD MEMBER

I'll make this plain & simple just do your job and you'll be fine and if for some reason you still have a problem Ernie will take care of it. As far as cleaning and mopping a van in the yard I can only thing of one driver and you are mistaken. He is just someone who likes to have a clean van and cannot clean his van at his house because he lives in Jersey. And just because he is friendly to the people in the office (as he is to everyone) doesn't mean he is an ass kisser. It means he is a nice guy with a good heart. I know him for over 20 years and personally take offense to your statements. If push came to shove I take this UNION BROTHER over anyone!!!

Just_Right

First off, my words weren't posted so some people could argue over or defend someone washing their van. I put these words out there to give fair warning. To be aware of the tyrant in the office who will only bring grief to each and everyone one of us. I say this because it is the bewitching hour for the sleeping wolf to jump up and start attacking unsuspecting workers and draw their blood.
Is everyone so jaded by the actions of the past year that they want to fight with each other? No the answer is *Stand together* If we all stand together we can be strong against the likes of Owen and the likes of others who enjoy giving us ridiculously high fines, and ridicule us before other workers. I am saying this so we watch our steps and look out for each other. Hopefully Neil will someday soon come to his senses and realize he made a mistake for this man to be GM. But I guess Neil likes spending wasted dollars and have the workers hate him more each day.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 18, 2014, 06:21:34 AM
I'll make this plain & simple just do your job and you'll be fine and if for some reason you still have a problem Ernie will take care of it. As far as cleaning and mopping a van in the yard I can only thing of one driver and you are mistaken. He is just someone who likes to have a clean van and cannot clean his van at his house because he lives in Jersey. And just because he is friendly to the people in the office (as he is to everyone) doesn't mean he is an ass kisser. It means he is a nice guy with a good heart. I know him for over 20 years and personally take offense to your statements. If push came to shove I take this UNION BROTHER over anyone!!!

10-4, Proud Member. This guy has been here as long as I have and has been taking care of whatever vehicle he has in the same way since he started. Why anybody would ridicule him for this is beyond me. Reminds me of years ago when I was wiping yard dust off my hood and another driver actually approached me and asked me if I was some kind of nut for doing so. What the f**k?

As for the original post, I had not heard of this particular case until I read it here. The first question that came to mind was how the condition of this bus came to light. Is it possible that the bus was put OOS as a result of a DOT inspection? Did the driver who inherited his old bus blow the whistle? Just wondering. There's often more to a story than what goes around the drivers room.

Aside from that, knowing that OPT is always looking for something to give us a violation for, risking one for not keeping at least a reasonably clean bus is foolish. It's completely avoidable, and I think it would be impossible for Ernie to offer a defense.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

This will be my last comment on this subject. I am not arguing but I AM DEFENDING A GOOD MAN & UNION BROTHER who likes to keep his vehicle clean. Your post stated that him cleaning his van was causing problems & ass kissing. If not for Buzz & I posting something in response other drivers and matrons may look at a good man in a negative way. God Bless all of us at Pioneer.

Bluebird

That scumbag Owen is back to his bullshit again.Neil must like the taste of blood in his mouth.He doesn't care what Owen does as long as it doesn't effect his family or friends.What a huge mistake putting this guy as GM.He makes Neil look just like the pussy he is.

Buster

Oh man i agree.This guy is a loser how he treats people.Just when we think he is being kind.He makes that exorcism act and goes after people.He is out for revenge to anyone that ever did or said anything to him.He wants to screw everyone.And I can't understand why the owner lets him to do it.He makes working there a hell on earth.The owner finally comes back out to the drivers room and tell us he wants peace and harmony.But then allows this nutjob to abuse us drivers.

PROUD MEMBER

IN MY OPINION Owen is far from perfect (as we all are) but is not as bad as some guys make him out to be. And all of you who keep making out like Neil cares about us unfortunately you are wrong. He didn't care about us when he made his"Best & Final Offer", he didn't care when he negotiated our new contract and we all took a loss (while he is still getting the same pay from the BOE) and he doesn't care now. If God forbid we don't get the EPP back just wait to next June and you'll see exactly what I am talking about.

PROUD MEMBER

One more thing about Neil. He didn't care about us, our spouses or our kids when we were on strike and he voted NO TO MEDICAL BENEFITS!!!

Buster

I hate to say this but it dont matter about your opinion when it comes to Owen.Cuz he dont care who you are.And just cuz you didnt fall  prey to him  .Dont be surprised when you do.You wont be saying such nice things about him then.As far as neil,well the office kisses his ass good,he likes that makes him feel big.

Buzz

Quote from: Just_Right on May 17, 2014, 02:45:20 PM
... the man gets to cleaning the bus taking a couple of hours. ...

Not for nuttin' but, a couple of HOURS to clean a bus?

No further comment.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.