Summer School Pick??

Started by Bussin4Livin, June 14, 2023, 12:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bussin4Livin

Anyone hear of when this summer school pick will be? Think last year was June 24th.....

mirrorcheck

Expect the same . City just doesn't care when this is done plus they were too busy giving the teachers a 20% pay raise ....
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Slowbus

Quote from: mirrorcheck on June 14, 2023, 04:19:06 PMExpect the same . City just doesn't care when this is done plus they were too busy giving the teachers a 20% pay raise ....
if teachers get a 20% raise why can't we get 5%?

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: Slowbus on June 14, 2023, 07:52:36 PM
Quote from: mirrorcheck on June 14, 2023, 04:19:06 PMExpect the same . City just doesn't care when this is done plus they were too busy giving the teachers a 20% pay raise ....
if teachers get a 20% raise why can't we get 5%?

They don't fear us that's why

Buzz

No comparing their union and ours.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I think we were already offered 6%

Buzz

QuoteI think we were already offered 6%

Really?

Bussin4Livin

6 percent is nothing. We need a raise WITH something Like 6 percent with weeks or 6 percent with top pay cut in half. Just saying 6 percent cause that's what was stated here. I think 2.5 with weeks and or top pay cut in half is more than fair that I think would get signed. Can't just offer a numbered raise and still have to deal with the nonsense of taking 12 years to get to top pay or 2-3 day work week checks

Slowbus

It's simple 💭 6% raise                        Guarantee weeks and top pay 7 years everything else can stay the way it is now.

Bussin4Livin

I doubt we will get 6 or were even offered 6. The standard for the MTA alone is 2-3 percent so as I said I would be fine with 2-3 percent with top pay cut in half to 6 or 7 years and guaranteed weeks

mirrorcheck

If you notice the teachers union covers all the politicians and oils every squeak. You would think as kids struggle overall from lack of in person learning ( from Covid) they would be in the boat we are  in. Instead they get a deal, that covered all they wanted , they gave back nothing and their leadership at the union didn't even spike the ball. They look at it as Routine and I'm sure getting ready for the next contract .

The key is taking care of the "12 apostles at the last Dinner" . It's absurd that contract even the birds don't wanna $hit on it in  their cages .....
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

PROUD MEMBER

mirrorcheck

Quote from: Bussin4Livin on June 15, 2023, 04:34:18 PMI doubt we will get 6 or were even offered 6. The standard for the MTA alone is 2-3 percent so as I said I would be fine with 2-3 percent with top pay cut in half to 6 or 7 years and guaranteed weeks

💯 percent . I don't begrudge the owner and his responsibility. Can't be easy managing so much in this day and age . But cmon , you had your run the last few years just push it back . You can't get drivers . You think an extension is going to help "as is " the shortages are everywhere....

Buzz

Quote from: mirrorcheck on June 15, 2023, 05:59:17 PMIf you notice the teachers union covers all the politicians and oils every squeak. You would think as kids struggle overall from lack of in person learning ( from Covid) they would be in the boat we are  in. Instead they get a deal, that covered all they wanted , they gave back nothing and their leadership at the union didn't even spike the ball. They look at it as Routine and I'm sure getting ready for the next contract .

The key is taking care of the "12 apostles at the last Dinner" . It's absurd that contract even the birds don't wanna $hit on it in  their cages .....

Yep, that's the way it works. Politicians do the teachers' union bidding and they get their votes in return ... and it just keeps going around and around that way. Wouldn't mind if the kids were getting the best education in the country but that is far from true ... and it has nothing to do with COVID.