Write Up Your Defects!!!

Started by Buzz, November 17, 2015, 02:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WakeUp123

No buzz it's not of been that against you it's a vendetta against anybody on here that post the wrong information based on rumor speculation and innuendo or when you're running an interference for the office which we all know you have been known to do in the past.  Buzz are you still covering runs via your cell phone?  Another thing Buzz, I have no problem putting my name on this board I'll do it when you do it and if that the case,  how about we do away with the screen names and just have everybody please their real names on the board?

Air_Brakes

Wakeup123
In my opinion you ARE attacking Buzz (who everybody knows....no need to post name).  I do not need anybody to speak for me and i'm sure you do not speak for the majority.  This is a very informative site, and not a site (once again in my opinion) to personally bash Buzz.  You seem like an angry person just hoping for a response that will generate contoversy .   Without this site that Buzz runs we would truly be in the dark.  Please have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New year, and enjoy your break.  :thumb-up

WakeUp123

That's it, telling the truth is now considered "Attacking", I never stated I speak for the majority but at least I do not remain silent and believe every unsubstantiated rumor posted. Just because you run a "BLOG SITE" does not mean you right.

PROUD MEMBER

Every rumor is unsubstantiated. That's why it's a rumor. Unfortunately with this Local I've come to the point where I do not believe anything anymore unless it is written in black & white and has some signatures under it and then I actually feel or receive exactly what is written. Because around here in the last so many years someone's word or even signature really doesn't mean anything until you actual receive it!

WakeUp123

I know what you mean, I remember the last contract it was in black and white and signed but a month later Neil reneged and all the little guys got "F"'ed. Nobody cared but I hear negotiations this time are going good or slow or not good or the guy refuses to show up. But hey we have the EPP to look forward to, right?

John Eadicicco

Wake up123..... I will address this post  to you because I agree with 100% on your questioning of the Union keeping us in the dark. If anyone believes that the reinstatement of the EPP will save us is a fool. When Mike Cordiello deceided on his own to negotiate separate contracts for each individual company, the EPP became NULL and VOID. At one time there was strength in numbers, NOT NOW........The ONLY thing the executive board of 1181 cares about is their own pockets.......Time and time again when it was time for the Union to step in on our behalf ( need I remind anyone of our last contract when we took a substantial pay cut and NEIL KEPT ALL HiS $$$$$$$) they FAILED us MISERABLY!!!!  I DO NOT believe in using screen names, so I will CONTINUE to sign my name and voice MY DISPLEASURE!!!! Merry Christmas!!!

WakeUp123

Finally if only more people in this place realized this.

PROUD MEMBER

I don't think it's about more people realizing anything. Everyone already realizes everything. All of us haven't got a raise in years, at one time our medical cost us nothing and now every year over the past few years it goes up a little and little more each year and our co-payments have gone up among other things associated with our medical. We went from one contract for 8 to 10 thousands members to 20 different contracts. Thousands of members have lost their Jobs. Those of us who are still working have taken cuts. The owners have not. It's impossible not to realize these things, we lived them. The problem is members just don't speak their minds when they should. Instead they simply go along with what the Union says. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying F*** our Reps but I am saying if you did not (notice I say did not as opposed to do not) agree with them you should have confronted them whether on this site, another site, at your respective properties, at Union meeting or when you vote yes or no on something. Over the years I personally have done just that and much more ON MY Own in order to help myself, my family and my fellow members. Unfortunately, this time around even in my case things are different. When our Reps come to us with a new contract and tell me it's the best they can get right now I will simply say where do I sign. Anyone who thinks he/she will get back what they gave up last contract is simply living in a fantasy world. My personal opinion is take what ever you can get because it's more than you got right now. No matter what your feelings are towards our Reps (by the way the same Reps that the majority of us voted in Twice) take what you can get and live to fight another day because now is definitely not that day. A simple example of that is just look at the last 10 or 20 posts on this site.

LMR

You're right proud member.Anyone with any discernment as to where we are now will realize we're not going to get anywhere near everything we lost.Right now,You cut your losses and we take whatever we can get from our greedy boss However ,I'm not saying we should be in any way ,shape or form that we should be happy about it.This scenario did not come about last contract ,nor the last one.While everybody was enjoy business as usual things were eroding right under your noses.Back in 1996 when Guiliani for the second time tried to remove the EPP that was the time to settle for nothing short of having the EPP signed into law.Now years down the road all of a sudden everybody wants to start finger pointing.Maybe the entire membership should have been a little more pro-active and protect themselves and their future before the bottom fell out.The way I see it there's plenty of blame to go around.Right now why don't we concentrate on staying strong as we can together,rather than attacking one another and keep the conversation positive."IN UNITY THERE IS   STREGNTH ".

worker341

OK, now that it is all said and done with the bullshit when do we go on strike.

PROUD MEMBER

Also you talk of going on strike like it's a bunch of guys getting together to go to Vegas for a weekend of golf. Exactly what's the bullshit that you're talking about?

John Eadicicco

So accourding to LMR if the Union reps say jump off a bridge....We jump.....WTF? Instead DEMAND the union reps tell us where we stand in negotiations!!!!!!

LMR

No John that's not what I'm saying. And yes I agree with demanding the union reps telling us where we stand in the negotiation process.All I'm saying is lets just cut the bullshit of devouring each other when there might be some different views as to why we are in the mess we are now in.Thats exactly what Neil and Owen would like to see.Im just saying that we need to keep the conversation among ourselves positive.Like I said before,this didn't happen overnight.As far as  I see it there just a handful of those who care enough as yourself to be a voice and stay active and not leave it all up to the elected union reps,but what in the past is in the past.If anything is going to change its not going to happen by devouring and accusing each other of this or that.I don't see anyone stepping up in a positive way to approaching the rank  and file in a positive way to let the union reps know exactly how we feel.Attacking and blaming each so t accomplish anything.I ink we are in a tight spot now,but I absolutely dont see how anything positive for us will come to pass as a result of strike.Lets keep our emotions under our control and let Coker and clear thinking minds prevail

WakeUp123

Quote from: worker341 on December 27, 2015, 01:29:23 AM
OK, now that it is all said and done with the bullshit when do we go on strike.

Strike? Why? Oh so it can be like the last time when the 'club" members were all hanging out in the office in the heat drinking coffee with Owen and back slapping with Neil. When a lot of members were picketing at Atlantic and Island freezing there a$$es off while again the 'club" was enjoying BBQ's. Or do you mean when the union's lawyer 'misread" the benefits package and realized that our medical coverage ran out after 3 days and still holds a 100k plus job with our union. Or while we were picketing our union was in the process of buying a new building so the 75k a year secretaries don't have to drive into 'Gotti"  land from Long Island and run up the mileage on there  Mercedes . Or like it required the entire company to vote to go on strike but only 1 person to end it ???  Or do you mean to have everybody walk out  Neil and Owen will again hire scabs to fill the runs without missing a stroke. Or do you mean when a week into the strike the MECHANICS ABANDONED US ON THE LINE AND WENT BACK TO WORK WITH NO REPERCUSSIONS FROM OUR UNION. ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THAT KIND OF STRIKE?