notices on cards

Started by mirrorcheck, March 21, 2013, 10:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirrorcheck

This morning I can see that what we were told was outright propaganda. Union reps were told many times...."end the strike , come back to work,you are safe for two years". No we arent safe. That was a LIE. Another corporate attack on the worker. Plain and simple. And hell NO...we are not in this together. Clearly you have not a clue what it is to struggle and make ends meet. I respectfully disagree.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

bug

This prick is making  the same money for the next two years and cutting us now? Keep covering the runs guys look what you got for it.

mirrorcheck

The same guy that bragged about his openness....door always is open etc etc. No way keep the kool aid. Im not ignorant and a sucker. Thanks for treating us as being "in this together" how would we be treated if we didnt drive your buses and make you money and were your enemy? This whole incident exposes that it wasnt business....it was personal. Come out of the hole and admit this at least!
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Before the strike I was told the contractors were looking to get back 1 day for each week of accrual and vacation pay a person got. We come back to work after weeks of written and verbal pleas to return to work, they know we shot our load, smell blood and go for the kill.

We're "like family" alright.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Buzz....maybe thats what you call it. I have a letter with his name on it stating we should come back and we were ok till 2015. Did you not get that major missive? Either way I call that bait and switch....and only a liar whos intentions were never as advertised wou ld  engage in this crap. I hear senior drivers who were neutral and quiet ripping him with 4 letter words. All he did was create anger and turmoil. Afew short weeks ago we were all saying bloomburg was out of touch.  I can safely say by that letter and how it was implemented mikey has some company.

mirrorcheck

On further thought...maybe somethings arent as they seem. Maybe we get saved somehow...or  someway.....you can only take soo many losses before you win won by luck or even default. The union is do for and primed for a big come from behind upset.

Buzz

In the past I've said it's all about the money, but I think there's even more to it. In their own little pond, they can experience Bloomy's power on a smaller scale. There must be a sense of euphoria that comes from being able to crush little people ... and doing it just because they can. 

mirrorcheck

Maybe....I have never been in that position to say for sure,that would seem to be the case.

Buzz

I think it's more than just the money for many of us, too. To be sure, especially to those of us who don't have other sources of income, losing one-fifth of our annual income will be devastating. But beside that, many have told me how downright hurt and dejected they feel that we would be treated with such callous disregard and abandon. Some, including myself, are fighting not to succumb to depression. It's exacerbated by knowing that the company's contract with the DOE will not change for over 2 years.

In one letter issued on Pioneer letterhead during the strike it said, "My concern is not for any other company's 1181 workers, it is for you, the employees I've known, worked with, and many that I have built friendships with."

Do those words ring rather hollow now?

"Please come back and work with us to remain the best company in the business."

Although we got paid for our work, just like  "any other company's 1181 workers," they did not strive and succeed to make their company THE BEST in the business. WE did that ... not the union, or the company, but the 95% of us who take pride in what we do and want it to show. I guess that dedication means nothing in the face of increased profit ... albeit solely at our expense. That certainly deflates one's morale.

In the past I've been called "ass kisser" for trying to be open-minded enough to see things from the company's perspective. I have previously made it clear to Neil that that is never my intention. That I say what I truly feel and believe and that it comes from the heart.

It is from the same heart that I submit the foregoing.

GMC JOE

Quote from: Buzz on March 24, 2013, 12:51:42 AM
I think it's more than just the money for many of us, too. To be sure, especially to those of us who don't have city pensions, losing one-fifth of our annual income will be devastating.   

We must stand together, your quote can divide . It really did not belong here , sorry  . It should have read                          To be sure losing one-fifth of our annual income will be devasting.   Now that is UNITY !

(Edited only to take your comment outside of my quote. It would have been confusing to others.)
In God We Trust

Eucerin

Buzz I feel your pain...very well said and how many of us feel...I myself am numb

Buzz

Quote from: GMC JOE on March 24, 2013, 01:39:06 AM
Quote from: Buzz on March 24, 2013, 12:51:42 AM
I think it's more than just the money for many of us, too. To be sure, especially to those of us who don't have city pensions, losing one-fifth of our annual income will be devastating.   

We must stand together, your quote can divide . It really did not belong here , sorry  . It should have read                          To be sure losing one-fifth of our annual income will be devasting.   Now that is UNITY !

Sorry ... certainly didn't intend for my words to be divisive in any way. As you can see, I amended my post to read "... especially to those of us who don't have other sources of income."

That it is especially devastating to some more than others is simply an arithmetical matter of fact. Please don't attach any other meaning to it.

mirrorcheck

Buzz....in regards to what you said about the notices that was my point. I will admit...the economic implications, should they come to fruition pulverize me and my family, DONE. So yes, when I read in his letter during the strike that we were "safe for 2years"...I do feelshafted with no lube, in the shorts literally. Overall havent we been taxed and spent enough in the last few years in areas and people we cant control.....no we have to take a hit on the side where we earn it. I dont mean we should control him or his business....all im asking for is meaningful negotiations. If I wanted to be dictated to I can relocate to Russia and enjoy Putin. The Boss and his life style doesnt change for the next 2 years. ....maybe not after with another deal....who is to say he doesnt get extended yet again atthe same rate...maybe more ?He is "the best in the business"....and I harbor no jealousy, God bless him for that. Whats taking place is a slap in the face 95% of us showup early...are on time ans courteous and do our jobs with pride as the professionals we are. I talked to one driver that wasnt at the meeting thursday who is scared if we dont take this offer it will only get worse. I told him...I cant afford the roof over my head at what he is asking....I will take my chances on whatever if tgere are alternatives....let it be. You want to fire us or we end up on unemployment so F$ CKING be it. I have had enough of eating $hit.

faceit

Ill say it again SCUMBAG