Another Low Blow by NY City

Started by mirrorcheck, April 27, 2013, 05:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirrorcheck

New York City to bid out 3,100 school bus routes, contracts won't include job protection for workers
The city says the cuts will save $100 million over five years, but Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1181 President Michael Cordiello said savings would come at the expense of workers.....When is this $hit going to stop already?
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

When they find out they're not going to save nearly as much as they think they are, and what they do save will be at the expense of professional, reliable service.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Buzz I am in agreement, when said contractor cant even get bonded, let alone live up to contractrual obligations then how is that good? Also how did this dirtbag- backstabbing city arguing with contractors that they have to honor the EPP one week, the next week they are talking about releasing work with no EPP ? What the F$@k! :bomb:
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

$100 million sounds like a lot of money, but they don't put it into perspective (on purpose). That's $20 million per year out of a $1.9 BILLION annual budget for transportation ... it is less than 1.9%. Putting thousands of people out of work to save less than 1.9% for questionable service. It's insane, but they can impress people with, "... will save $100 million ..."

mirrorcheck

Buzz,all that is understandable,and thanks for outting those numbers in prespective. However,how can the City issue bids for 2014 and 2015 with no EPP when they sent lawyers arguing against contractors that the EPP should be in ? I am really confused. The battle rages on,this fight is less to do with Neil and Fat Gatto then with the city and Bloombag. In all seriousness numbers and work can get kicked back up to Union contractors,however the Loss of any form of the EPP will be a Thorn in our a$$ and we will slowly bleed out of we cant come to a resolution similiar to what Boston accomplished. Also that Boston situation and resolution  should be the boilerplate for immediate rewrite and passage to protect us.

Buzz

The contracts that are not yet expired that have the EPP in them have to keep it, but because it's not illegal does not mean the city has to include the EPP in new contracts. Capeesh?

mirrorcheck

Thats a w eeee bit of conflict dont ya think ? The union shoukd be feasting on this red meat !