Thanksgiving Week Pay Memo

Started by Buzz, November 25, 2020, 10:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Hammer2161

Buzz, why is it you seek the impossible ?  Making everyone happy lol you truly are insane.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 🦃!!!!

yabba

THATS great news ...but sad news is unemployment next week... any word on how the work is being done for next week... the email didnt say much... with the orange zone we must have a bunch of schools on hold...

Hammer2161

Yabba, I was with them earlier while Ernie was still there. So far all they were doing was establishing a list of drivers that were interested in working.
If it gets to you and your run is going out you will work your run.
If it gets to you and and you say no because you don't like the run you are given you will be furloughed.
If you work a run that's not yours and your goes out at a later date you will work your run as long as you never get furloughed.

The hitch is that they have no clue how many runs are going out. So it seems it is truly going to be a last minute notice on who and how many drivers will be working.

SO STAY TUNED !!!!

yabba

thanks for the info...

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 25, 2020, 10:38:38 PM
Everybody happy?

Why would I be happy? Because I'm getting 85 percent the day after Thanksgiving. I'd rather be working. Yes I'm thrilled to be going to unemployment where my pay rate dropped from 504 to 358. I'm thrilled that my run is getting taken from me and not going to make my weekly pay and make shit on unemployment. If my rate never dropped I'd be like go ahead take my run I'm making 504 a week but sorry I got royally fucked in this arrangement meanwhile I pay dues to union in which this decision doesn't benefit me at all. So yea Buzz I'm ecstatic to be going back to unemployment making shit lol

Yeah I know the response, seniority union shop etc....

Buzz

Quote from: WTF247 on November 26, 2020, 12:17:02 AM
Everybody happy?
Yes I'm thrilled to be going to unemployment where my pay rate dropped from 504 to 358.

Yeah, your unemployment situation sucks. Did you happen to get a raise between the 4th and 5th quarters prior to the quarter in which you opened your new claim?

You can thank Pelosi that we're not getting an additional $300 on top of state unemployment.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 26, 2020, 01:28:07 AM
Quote from: WTF247 on November 26, 2020, 12:17:02 AM
Everybody happy?
Yes I'm thrilled to be going to unemployment where my pay rate dropped from 504 to 358.

Yeah, your unemployment situation sucks. Did you happen to get a raise between the 4th and 5th quarters prior to the quarter in which you opened your new claim?

You can thank Pelosi that we're not getting an additional $300 on top of state unemployment.

Uhhh yeah we got the raise in July and I opened a new claim in August. I was told my quarterly wages were low because I stopped working....no shit lol but that's what I was told

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 25, 2020, 11:18:43 PM
... any word on how the work is being done for next week... the email didnt say much...

If a senior guy's run is working, he'll do his own run. If not he'll be handed one if he wants it ... and so on down the list. Don't know when people will know ... it depend on when the DOE tells the company what schools will be open.

Buzz

Quote from: WTF247 on November 26, 2020, 01:52:16 AMUhhh yeah we got the raise in July and I opened a new claim in August. I was told my quarterly wages were low because I stopped working....no shit lol but that's what I was told

Dude, been thinking about your situation and something is not right here. If you applied in August the months of April, May and June of this year should NOT have been used to determine your benefit amount. Here's why:

You benefit is supposed to be figured on the first 4 of the last 5 quarters prior to the quarter in which you apply. This is your BASE period. They should have gone by the last 3 quarters of 2019 and the first quarter of 2020 (Jan. - Mar). This would of course include July - Sept of 2019 but why should that change your amount? When you applied in 2019 it would have included the summer months of 2018.

It sounds to me like they went to your ALTERNATE Base period which is the 4 quarters immediately preceding the quarter in which you apply. In that case it would have included the second quarter of 2020 ... April, May & June ... which is what brought down your benefit amount because we didn't get paid May & June.

This is wrong. Your Alternate Base period is only to be used if it works in your favor. Unless I'm seriously overlooking something (it's after midnight ... lol) I think somebody fucked up your claim and would advise you get on the phone and get it straightened out. They probably even owe you money for the weeks they did pay you in August and September.
Try the calculator ... use the date you filed ... https://labor.ny.gov/benefit-rate-calculator/ . See what you come up with for your Base period. If it's more than you're getting, definitely call.

TheKid24

Thanks Buzz I'll look into it and call Friday. I think it also had to do with me working at Amazon prior because when I opened my claim in July 2019 I was claiming off Amazon/Department of Education since I was with pioneer only 3
Weeks at the time, but yeah I'll look into it

Buzz

Quote from: WTF247 on November 26, 2020, 10:42:33 AM
Thanks Buzz I'll look into it and call Friday. I think it also had to do with me working at Amazon prior because when I opened my claim in July 2019 I was claiming off Amazon/Department of Education since I was with pioneer only 3

Yes, worth a try ... but I didn't realize it was based on prior employment. Doubt you were making as much. But there's nothing to lose by calling.

Did you try the calculator?

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 26, 2020, 11:07:35 AM
Quote from: WTF247 on November 26, 2020, 10:42:33 AM

Yes, worth a try ... but I didn't realize it was based on prior employment. Doubt you were making as much. But there's nothing to lose by calling.

Did you try the calculator?

Not sure how the calculator works I mean like physically I know how to but not sure exactly what to put in

Buzz

Quote from: WTF247 on November 26, 2020, 04:06:33 PMNot sure how the calculator works I mean like physically I know how to but not sure exactly what to put in

First fill in the date you applied. Once you do that, dates will appear above the 5 quarters. Fill in the amounts you made for those quarters. You might have to estimate if you don't have all your pay records.