Furlough

Started by Eucerin, November 20, 2020, 04:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 26, 2020, 01:25:18 PM
When I said there should be approximately 100 active runs if nothing changes I was referring to  if Cuomo doesn't make more of SI orange zones in which case there would be less than 100 active runs.
You're right ... I'm forgetting that ... as of now ... part of the island is still only yellow.

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 26, 2020, 03:27:55 PM
Besides what senior member is going to refuse grossing $1,335.00 a week and taking home $900.00 as compared to $504 a week.
I did ... as did others. (And I don't even take home $800 ... let alone 900)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

faceit

I think they will be handing out the 4:30 out schools towards the end so would think the most senior drivers don't have to worry about that
All lives matter

yabba

Quote from: faceit on November 26, 2020, 04:30:47 PM
I think they will be handing out the 4:30 out schools towards the end so would think the most senior drivers don't have to worry about that

which would sound fair and understandable.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 26, 2020, 04:20:10 PMso your saying the number 10 driver  gets a 4:30 school and the number 95 driver gets a 2:00 out ,he should be happy he is getting 1335. a week,and his 30 years on the job means nothing,,

Yep ... it may not be completely fair in that sense, but it's basically a "work or don't work" situation, not a choice of runs. It's going to be a daunting enough task, I doubt the office is going to cherry pick runs basis seniority.

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on November 26, 2020, 04:30:47 PM

Hopefully it will work out that way. As far as I know, open runs will be assigned first, followed by runs that were given to very new drivers that were previously open runs ... in other words, runs they did not pick. Then the leftovers will be assigned ... take it or leave it.

yabba

if you take a handed run and the drivers orange school opens back up,the driver goes back to his original run correct

yabba

these are the questions drivers all seem to have a different version of the answer... the phone calls and the list they may have made is not going to be accurate...again its a mess and too many interpertations of the answers.. noone is to blame but i think we all need to report and be told this is what is going to be and how it is working... we need a letter like the last email with the 1181 letter head on the pay for thanksgivings week...thats was 100% perfect... we need more communications like that...

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 26, 2020, 04:52:22 PM
if you take a handed run and the drivers orange school opens back up,the driver goes back to his original run correct

I believe that's the way it's supposed to work.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on November 26, 2020, 05:27:03 PM
Quote from: yabba on November 26, 2020, 04:52:22 PM

I believe that's the way it's supposed to work.

thanks Buzz...and a Happy Thanksgiving to you...and we are all thankful to you for this website...you basically are our lifeline to the truth on whats going on during this crazy year all around...myself and im sure the rest of us here appreciate the time you spend getting us the facts from ernie and relaying to us all here to see,and help us understand wording..thanks again..

PROUD MEMBER

No one is saying that a driver with 30 years experience means nothing. What I heard is to not have any confusion or favoritism is that they will take all the runs that need to be covered and put them in numbered sequence order and then hand them out to the drivers in seniority order. I don't know if that's true or not but it makes a lot of sense to me. Otherwise if you have say 70 runs that need to be covered, then someone has figure out which run is better than the next run which is virtually impossible that's the reason they're not having a pick. It's the only fair solution without having a pick and that's why we were told ahead of time that you may get something you don't like.

hideout

First of all Happy Thanksgiving to the entire Pioneer family. Buzz I have a question you maybe can answer. The posts I am reading says that the office is calling senior drivers to see if they want to work. Well I am under 75 in seniority and have reeved no call. Can you shed any light on this? Thanks!

PROUD MEMBER

Hideout
Did you work this week and if so do you know if your school is in an orange zone?
If your school is not in an orange zone then I would assume that's why you did not receive a phone call.

hideout

I didn't work this week and my am schools are not in an orange zone but my pm schools are.

PROUD MEMBER

Well hideout in that case if you don't receive a phone call tomorrow I would call Andy and tell him your seniority number and tell him that you never received a phone call Unless maybe you already told them previously that you wanted to work

hideout

.   Thanks Proud Member I'll reach out tomorrow. And no I haven't talked to Andy or Pioneer. Thanks again.