Furlough

Started by Eucerin, November 20, 2020, 04:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eucerin

What will affect the Nov 30 date? de Blasio, Cummo, Covid and or Pioneer

Hammer2161

Eucerin, it seems that NYC could potentially become an orange zone sometime in the not so distant future. If that happens before November 30th then all schools including catholic charter and Jewish would be closed therefore avoiding the temporary pick that is going to happen.
But if on November 30th Public Schools are still closed and all others are open senior drivers will be afforded the opportunity to pick a run from the bottom up to avoid being placed on unemployment.
So I think the real answer to your question is any of the above.
Dumblasio could open the Schools. ( HIGHLY UNLIKELY )
Cuomo could deem all of NYC or possibly just Staten Island an orange zone based on the positivity rate. ( VERY POSSIBLE )
Covid miraculously disappears. ( EVERYONES DREAM BUT HIGHLY UNLIKELY )
Pioneer seems to be content with the decision 1181 has made to have all runs that need to go out covered by the most senior drivers temporarily until all schools are either opened or closed. ( A DISTINCT POSSIBILITY )

Eucerin

Thanks Hammer2161, that make it a bit clearer to me. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 22, 2020, 01:39:29 PMBut if on November 30th Public Schools are still closed and all others are open senior drivers will be afforded the opportunity to pick a run from the bottom up to avoid being placed on unemployment.

To the best of my knowledge they will not be able to "pick" a run ... they will be handed one, take it or leave it.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Sorry for not being so specific Buzz.  ;D ;D

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 22, 2020, 01:39:29 PMEucerin, it seems that NYC could potentially become an orange zone sometime in the not so distant future. If that happens before November 30th then all schools including catholic charter and Jewish would be closed therefore avoiding the temporary pick that is going to happen.

Not necessarily. I'm reading that even if schools are closed under "Orange Zone" restrictions, they could re-open after 5 days depending on testing results. In that case there would still be runs that have to be covered.

Source: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-releases-guidelines-testing-protocol-schools-reopen-red-or-orange-micro-cluster

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 22, 2020, 03:15:30 PM
Sorry for not being so specific Buzz.  ;D ;D

That'll be 2 "Our Fathers" and 1 "Hail Mary."    ;D ;D ;D

Hammer2161

Yes but if you read the entire article they are stating that the testing parameters would need to be changed because it would be nearly impossible to test all the students and faculty in the entire school system at once.

Truth is there are to many variables that can come in to play and we are unfortunately just stuck somewhere waiting for it to all play out.

Buzz, I just clicked that link and read the so called procedures he wants followed. In my opinion that is most certainly setting up the schools to not be able to open in a timely fashion. To many things need to happen and although it's a possibility it is surely a long shot.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 22, 2020, 03:32:20 PMTo many things need to happen and although it's a possibility it is surely a long shot.

I agree.

Hammer2161

Hey Buzz, quick question are the matrons also going to be allowed to pick off junior matrons temporarily ? I would guess the answer is yes but just figured I would ask.

Hammer2161

https://abc7ny.com/coronavirus-staten-island-covid-red-zone-cuomo/8175291/

Well fuck worrying about Staten Island  becoming an Orange Zone.
Cuomo just announced we are headed to a red zone as early as this week. May not have to worry about the pick off after all. This is fucking insane.

yabba

people need to wake up and start taking this virus seriously.... >:( >:( >:(

PROUD MEMBER

It appears to me that everyone is talking about color zones, private or public schools, senior or junior drivers, pick or handed, 85%, 100% or unemployment but somewhere lost in this shuffle is Medical Benefits. No one (and when I say no one I mean our Union or Pioneer) has told us whether or not we will continue to have our Medical Benefits on December 1st and going forward assuming public schools are still closed at that time.

yabba

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 22, 2020, 10:38:39 PM
It appears to me that everyone is talking about color zones, private or public schools, senior or junior drivers, pick or handed, 85%, 100% or unemployment but somewhere lost in this shuffle is Medical Benefits. No one (and when I say no one I mean our Union or Pioneer) has told us whether or not we will continue to have our Medical Benefits on December 1st and going forward assuming public schools are still closed at that time.

very true..we get more info from the NY Post...   i will say the new text and email from pioneer was pretty nifty...

wheresmymoney!

They really shouldn’t take away our benefits again..we need our benefits!  it would inhumane and unethical - especially since we will have to go back at some point just like last time.