Furlough

Started by Eucerin, November 20, 2020, 04:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbdriver1

How many runs are operating at this moment?
Also are they talking company seniority or union seniority

TheKid24

Deblaiso just said he's looking to
Role out a new reopening plan this coming week to have all schools open with more testing

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on November 25, 2020, 05:49:45 PM
How many runs are operating at this moment?
Also are they talking company seniority or union seniority
Not sure but I think just under 130. Company seniority.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Last I heard the Union is planning on all non public schools that are in the current orange zone (which could change by Monday) to be closed starting Monday. Yesterday they were calling members in seniority order to see if they want to work no matter what run they might be handed. I would ASSUME to be on the safe side they probably called the top 150 to 180 drivers because I think Monday morning (if nothing changes) there should be around 100 active runs.
Having said that I would assume those of us that are going to work will be contacted by Sunday.
With regards to what run you will be doing I doubt if we'll know before Monday morning but in order to make it easier for the driver I hope I'm wrong. What I think will happen is whoever is told to come in will be told to be in by 5:30 or 6:00 and there will be a line in seniority order and you will be handed a run and go on ur way. If that be the case for those of us that may say that's ridiculous because you need time to look at the run please don't even go there. First of all you should think of the other nearly 300 drivers that aren't working and thank God you are. Secondly, the top 100 drivers range from people with around 20 to 40 years of service so it's definitely not the first time especially in recent years that you came in at 6:00am and was handed a run and made it through the morning. Lastly we also have to realize that nearly half of these runs will probably be PM only so you'll have all morning to familiarize yourself with it.
God Bless Eveyone & Our Union and Happy Thanksgiving to All

yabba

there needs to be an official statemet by 1181 on how this is working...the phone calls made did not have answers... a lot of drivers got different answers to how this is working...

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 26, 2020, 10:19:45 AM
I think Monday morning (if nothing changes) there should be around 100 active runs.
You might be right but I don't know how everybody who attends in-person classes will get tested and have their negative results so soon.

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 26, 2020, 10:19:45 AM
... there will be a line in seniority order and you will be handed a run and go on ur way.
Not sure exactly how it will work but if someone has enough seniority to work and their school is open, they're supposed to get their own run to do.

I'm sure there will be ample confusion. Nothing like this has been done before.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 26, 2020, 10:42:48 AM
there needs to be an official statemet by 1181 on how this is working...the phone calls made did not have answers... a lot of drivers got different answers to how this is working...

I knew the cartoon I saw in the Advance the other day would come in handy ...

Ernie was at Pioneer much of the day yesterday to make sure that this would be handled in a way that keeps seniority intact. Now it's up to the company to implement it in that way basis the runs that will be working.

Listen, nobody has any experience in this situation because it has never happened before. With a constantly changing list of which schools will be open, nobody should expect this to go smoothly.

The phone call I received didn't make any sense. I asked three questions regarding what was said and I received three "I don't knows"

yabba

im not knocking the way its going... i just think the phone calls were not 100% and we need clarity to exactly what the final answers are...yes its a mess and noone fault but corona ,but we need to know the 100% were  we are going to stand ..

PROUD MEMBER

When I said there should be approximately 100 active runs if nothing changes I was referring to  if Cuomo doesn't make more of SI orange zones in which case there would be less than 100 active runs.

PROUD MEMBER

Also as far as the confusion I myself don't see why there will be any confusion. Drivers will go in and if their run is active they will go out and do their route if their route is not active they will be handed another route and they will go out and do that route. As I said all the drivers that will be working have 20 to 40 years experience there should be no confusion.

Hammer2161

I for one doubt it will be that simple of a process. All they did on Wednesday was collect names of people that potentially want to work. It is my understanding that when you are handed a run you will at that time be afforded the opportunity to say no and be placed on furlough at that time. And to be honest I potentially see that happening quite a bit especially at the top of the seniority list when they are handed a run with an out that's after 4pm. The only downside I can see from what I was told is once you say no you are furloughed until all the work comes back.

I truly doubt they will call in enough guys initially to cover the work that will go out on Monday morning simply because you have no clue how many will say no at that time. Also they must allow for the drivers who do work to do their own schools in the event their school is open. If this truly falls on the office staff we all know it will be mass confusion to say the least. Good luck everyone.

PROUD MEMBER

Obviously whoever is working will find out Monday morning but I doubt if one member refuses a run. Everyone has been told in advance that you will be handed a run regardless of the in and out time. If you weren't willing to take the chance of getting a late out then you should have said NO from the beginning. Besides what senior member is going to refuse grossing $1,335.00 a week and taking home $900.00 as compared to $504 a week.

Hammer2161

PROUD MEMBER, I would normally agree with you but I happened to be there while they were calling the drivers and it seemed that some if not many were on the fence. Either way the work needs to be distributed in seniority order and if you say no you should not be given a second chance. I for one would not be going on unemployment if given the chance to work and earn a full salary. Either way only time will tell and hopefully it does go smoothly. Have a Happy Thanksgiving 🦃!!!!

yabba

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 26, 2020, 03:27:55 PM
Obviously whoever is working will find out Monday morning but I doubt if one member refuses a run. Everyone has been told in advance that you will be handed a run regardless of the in and out time. If you weren't willing to take the chance of getting a late out then you should have said NO from the beginning. Besides what senior member is going to refuse grossing $1,335.00 a week and taking home $900.00 as compared to $504 a week.

so your saying the number 10 driver  gets a 4:30 school and the number 95 driver gets a 2:00 out ,he should be happy he is getting 1335. a week,and his 30 years on the job means nothing,,