New General Election

Started by John Eadicicco, September 23, 2016, 10:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eadicicco

I was invited to a meeting this morning at the Dep't of Labor in NYC to discuss the upcoming election of Local 1181. The Dep't of labor found that the last election was run unfairly and has ordered a NEW election to take place on December 13, 2016. The nomination meeting will be held On October 18,2016. IF 1181 can secure a place to hold the meeting. That was the tentative date discussed but I had to leave to go back to work. I am running on the Tom Salerno Slate and it is our intention to do nothing but help the membership get back to being respected by Contractors, as it seems to have gotten lost somehow! Tom has 42 years in the union, and a total of 14 years as a shop steward and Executive Board member. His disagreeing with Michael Cordiello on many issues concerning membership led to Mr. Cordiello to not run him on the 1181 slate in 2009. He is The RIGHT MAN to lead this fractured local. ALL of the delegation that he has chosen have many, many years in the industry. Please stand behind us and positive changes will SOON be a way of life at Pioneer and all shops belonging to local 1181! Thank You!

gigi11744

Thanks for the input there John, relay this to Salerno for me please , tell him to go f*** himself ,thanks john

John Eadicicco

Well said, thank you for your wonderful words of wisdom!

Grrr

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 23, 2016, 10:47:38 PM
The Dep't of labor found that the last election was run unfairly

I'm shocked and dismayed.

gigi11744

I can't believe you of all people are running on a slate that destroyed a local just for there own personal gain, and put close to 2000 people on the unemployment line, . He's a rat and you no it , oh and by the way I had some respect for you , now you can crawl under the same rock that rat Salerno crawled out from .

John Eadicicco

I have No idea what you are talking about? Who destroyed the Local?

Goose623

I might've voted for Salerno but if you are on the slate there is no way I am voting for him...

John Eadicicco

Now I see your latest blog. You my friend are misinformed. Please try and base your opinions on factual matters. I believe the local has been run by Michael Cordiello since Sal left approx. in 2006. All of your concerns about what YOU and EVERY member have lost is on Michael Cordial and his executive board. You are suggesting that Tom Salerno is a rat? And what dd Tom Salerno do to destroy the union? Give me some facts PLEASE? I will listen to any argument, believe you me!What I see is that the union is now in bed with the contractors. A shop steward at Boro Transit had a bus on bus accident (No damage whatsoever, a brother member ratted the shop steward out to management) a hearing was held attended by Vin Buttaro who suggested to the GM of Boro to fire the shop steward. The GM thought the punishment was too harsh so the driver was suspended for 5 days. GREAT representation by our delegation!

Just_Right

John you are in the wrong Slate. Your buddy Salerno is not the way to go.

First let's straighten your first few statements and correct them.

All electives are INVITED to the Dept of Labor to discuss elections. So your invite was not a special.

Next, the Dept of Labor did NOT find the last election run unfairly. Salerno and his buddies said it was run unfair because he lost. So he cried and said lots of bullshit lies. So as the law goes. The Dept of labor called for another election with Michael agreeing, to save the members money,. The slate you are running on the worse in history. They are RATS. And couldn't care about the members at all.

Now on to your story of lies about the bus on bus accident. He was a careless driver and was on the phone talking and driving when he hit another bus in the yard. And the person you claim who ratted the driver out which in your words was a fellow member. Was in FACT the GM .He was walking in the yard with his CHILD and was almost hit and could have been killed. Now as usual you are making statements that are not true. Also Vin Buttaro did NOT call for the driver to be fired. Robin held the hearing and the company wanted to give him more time but thanks to proper representation the driver only got 5 days.

Oh! And if you want proof of Salerno and his brother paul of being rats. Ask them about the letters they sent to the FBI and held Robin for 8 hours of interrogation. As usual all charges were unfounded.

AND I did not have to brown nose anyone for this information. I called and asked Robin myself. As everyone should do when there are lies spread.

Just_Right

Way to go gigi,at least you are not drinking the same kool aid the Salerno slate  is handing out.

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 25, 2016, 01:49:00 AM
...  a hearing was held attended by Vin Buttaro who suggested to the GM of Boro to fire the shop steward.

Even before reading Just_Right's informative post, there is no way in hell I would believe Vinny or ANY delegate would call for a  member's firing.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

John Eadicicco

I am meeting with that member today and I will get the full story from him. He is also the same shop steward who suggested to his garage NOT to verify contract.....Cordiello wanted him removed.....Same BullShit at Pioneer That contract would of NEVER been RATIFIED IF Ernie and Vinny Buttaro didn't tell ALL members that we would be on strike if we didn't ratify and TOLD ME and others that we would NOT COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT the following week for winter recess!2 dozen ppl told me they had to vote yes because of the Fucking Lies told to us by 1181!

John Eadicicco

Buzz once again a shill for 1181........................Do you know the story of how Reliant got into business in NYC a company from Houston Texas. Read up on the facts of doing business in NYC................PLEASE!

John Eadicicco

Just Wrong.....................Never said I received a SPECIAL invite to pre election meeting.........I know who you are? Sucks doesn't it?

John Eadicicco

Ooooooooops I meant Just Right................Isn't that an Oxymoron?