New General Election

Started by John Eadicicco, September 23, 2016, 10:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eadicicco

I was invited to a meeting this morning at the Dep't of Labor in NYC to discuss the upcoming election of Local 1181. The Dep't of labor found that the last election was run unfairly and has ordered a NEW election to take place on December 13, 2016. The nomination meeting will be held On October 18,2016. IF 1181 can secure a place to hold the meeting. That was the tentative date discussed but I had to leave to go back to work. I am running on the Tom Salerno Slate and it is our intention to do nothing but help the membership get back to being respected by Contractors, as it seems to have gotten lost somehow! Tom has 42 years in the union, and a total of 14 years as a shop steward and Executive Board member. His disagreeing with Michael Cordiello on many issues concerning membership led to Mr. Cordiello to not run him on the 1181 slate in 2009. He is The RIGHT MAN to lead this fractured local. ALL of the delegation that he has chosen have many, many years in the industry. Please stand behind us and positive changes will SOON be a way of life at Pioneer and all shops belonging to local 1181! Thank You!

gigi11744

Thanks for the input there John, relay this to Salerno for me please , tell him to go f*** himself ,thanks john

John Eadicicco

Well said, thank you for your wonderful words of wisdom!

Grrr

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 23, 2016, 10:47:38 PM
The Dep't of labor found that the last election was run unfairly

I'm shocked and dismayed.

gigi11744

I can't believe you of all people are running on a slate that destroyed a local just for there own personal gain, and put close to 2000 people on the unemployment line, . He's a rat and you no it , oh and by the way I had some respect for you , now you can crawl under the same rock that rat Salerno crawled out from .

John Eadicicco

I have No idea what you are talking about? Who destroyed the Local?

Goose623

I might've voted for Salerno but if you are on the slate there is no way I am voting for him...

John Eadicicco

Now I see your latest blog. You my friend are misinformed. Please try and base your opinions on factual matters. I believe the local has been run by Michael Cordiello since Sal left approx. in 2006. All of your concerns about what YOU and EVERY member have lost is on Michael Cordial and his executive board. You are suggesting that Tom Salerno is a rat? And what dd Tom Salerno do to destroy the union? Give me some facts PLEASE? I will listen to any argument, believe you me!What I see is that the union is now in bed with the contractors. A shop steward at Boro Transit had a bus on bus accident (No damage whatsoever, a brother member ratted the shop steward out to management) a hearing was held attended by Vin Buttaro who suggested to the GM of Boro to fire the shop steward. The GM thought the punishment was too harsh so the driver was suspended for 5 days. GREAT representation by our delegation!

Just_Right

John you are in the wrong Slate. Your buddy Salerno is not the way to go.

First let's straighten your first few statements and correct them.

All electives are INVITED to the Dept of Labor to discuss elections. So your invite was not a special.

Next, the Dept of Labor did NOT find the last election run unfairly. Salerno and his buddies said it was run unfair because he lost. So he cried and said lots of bullshit lies. So as the law goes. The Dept of labor called for another election with Michael agreeing, to save the members money,. The slate you are running on the worse in history. They are RATS. And couldn't care about the members at all.

Now on to your story of lies about the bus on bus accident. He was a careless driver and was on the phone talking and driving when he hit another bus in the yard. And the person you claim who ratted the driver out which in your words was a fellow member. Was in FACT the GM .He was walking in the yard with his CHILD and was almost hit and could have been killed. Now as usual you are making statements that are not true. Also Vin Buttaro did NOT call for the driver to be fired. Robin held the hearing and the company wanted to give him more time but thanks to proper representation the driver only got 5 days.

Oh! And if you want proof of Salerno and his brother paul of being rats. Ask them about the letters they sent to the FBI and held Robin for 8 hours of interrogation. As usual all charges were unfounded.

AND I did not have to brown nose anyone for this information. I called and asked Robin myself. As everyone should do when there are lies spread.

Just_Right

Way to go gigi,at least you are not drinking the same kool aid the Salerno slate  is handing out.

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 25, 2016, 01:49:00 AM
...  a hearing was held attended by Vin Buttaro who suggested to the GM of Boro to fire the shop steward.

Even before reading Just_Right's informative post, there is no way in hell I would believe Vinny or ANY delegate would call for a  member's firing.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

John Eadicicco

I am meeting with that member today and I will get the full story from him. He is also the same shop steward who suggested to his garage NOT to verify contract.....Cordiello wanted him removed.....Same BullShit at Pioneer That contract would of NEVER been RATIFIED IF Ernie and Vinny Buttaro didn't tell ALL members that we would be on strike if we didn't ratify and TOLD ME and others that we would NOT COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT the following week for winter recess!2 dozen ppl told me they had to vote yes because of the Fucking Lies told to us by 1181!

John Eadicicco

Buzz once again a shill for 1181........................Do you know the story of how Reliant got into business in NYC a company from Houston Texas. Read up on the facts of doing business in NYC................PLEASE!

John Eadicicco

Just Wrong.....................Never said I received a SPECIAL invite to pre election meeting.........I know who you are? Sucks doesn't it?

John Eadicicco

Ooooooooops I meant Just Right................Isn't that an Oxymoron?

Just_Right

Hey John

Once again you come back and call silly names.
I merely put truth to your FALSE statements. But seems you are not adult enough to come back and PROVE what I say is wrong. A no vote is a strike vote. You had a choice like everyone else. Seems majority ruled. And what you are saying now is the SHOP STEWARD who tried to vote the contract down is in FACT going against the union who he represents.

You want to run for a position on the EB and you think it's proper to call a member who disagrees with you an OXYMORON??? Well apparently you lost my vote and few others.

And NO it doesn't suck to be me I am very happy who I am. But you seem to think if someone isn't John Eadicicco it sucks to be them. No sugarplum it sucks to be you.

Now that you know who I am ,come see me in the morning.

John Eadicicco

Real brave hiding behind a screen name. man up!

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 25, 2016, 04:22:20 PM
Buzz once again a shill for 1181...

**Yaaaaawn**  I think you've worn out that phrase.

Oh, and, good luck unseating Jimmy Hedge.

LMR

Hey John!Here you go again betting on the wrong horse. You did the same thing stirring up crap because of sour grapes.Its pretty sad to watch you do anything and cozy up with anybody in hopes of getting  a position on there slate.Have a little self dignity and stop prostituting yourself and bad mouthing everybody that doesn't give a rip about your opinion.

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 25, 2016, 04:19:08 PM
That contract would of NEVER been RATIFIED IF Ernie and Vinny Buttaro didn't tell ALL members that we would be on strike if we didn't ratify and TOLD ME and others that we would NOT COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT the following week for winter recess!2 dozen ppl told me they had to vote yes because of the Fucking Lies told to us by 1181!

Where's the lie? Although you don't want to acknowledge it, a NO vote IS a strike vote. Also, when you are on strike you can't collect unemployment for 7 weeks. Who lied?

The contract would have passed anyway even if those "2 dozen ppl" voted no ... it wasn't even close.

John Eadicicco

I am with drivers from Pioneer shops from Queens and Bronx. These drivers said they were also told that a no vote on the contract meant being on strike that afternoon. Stop your shilling for local 1181 !

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 26, 2016, 02:18:41 PM
I am with drivers from Pioneer shops from Queens and Bronx. These drivers said they were also told that a no vote on the contract meant being on strike that afternoon. Stop your shilling for local 1181 !

Of course they were told that, because a NO vote IS a STRIKE vote. Neil practically DARED Ernie to go on strike, telling him, "Get your picket signs ready." That would have been the reality of voting down the contract, whether you want to believe it or not.

yabba

this is better then Hillary and Trump..... the forum is alive again    :o :o

LMR

Exactly Buzz,that's how I remember it.Thats why I voted the way I did.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on September 26, 2016, 05:17:32 PM
Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 26, 2016, 02:18:41 PM

Of course they were told that, because a NO vote IS a STRIKE vote. Neil practically DARED Ernie to go on strike, telling him, "Get your picket signs ready." That would have been the reality of voting down the contract, whether you want to believe it or not.

what was the sense of even having all those negotiations meeting...so basically neil can hand us whatever and we either vote yes or strike..

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on September 26, 2016, 11:59:16 PMwhat was the sense of even having all those negotiations meeting...so basically neil can hand us whatever and we either vote yes or strike..

Not really. As much as we didn't like it, it was still better than what other companies were offered.

Hardly a victory for Neil. His playing hardball seems to be biting him in the ass now. People never used to leave this job. Now new people are quitting left and right. Even though he's paying more than the contract called for they still leave. Nothing for them to look forward to ... virtually no raises, no holidays, etc., etc. Just not worth the responsibility and the bullshit you have to put up with. A $500 sign-on bonus isn't going to change that.

I was talking to a young national park service worker in Miller Field. Kid has a college degree, can't find a decent job, but parks is paying him $20 and hour. That day he was picking up trash, but he said he was actually hired to clean toilets. $20 and hour to clean toilets vs. $17 to drive a school bus? Need I say more?

Wait until the 50% medical kicks in next year and guys with time on the job start packing it in.

Grrr

Quote from: Grrr on September 27, 2016, 12:58:01 AM

Wait until the 50% medical kicks in next year and guys with time on the job start packing it in.

Can you elaborate on that?

yabba

Quote from: Grrr on September 27, 2016, 12:58:36 AM
Quote from: Grrr on September 27, 2016, 12:58:01 AM

Can you elaborate on that?

in other words we are screwed ...basically we the 1181 backbone will have to bailout the welfare fund 50% and bosses the other 50%...  the up to date  status of the welfare fund should be made known before the  election..

Grrr

Wait until the 50% medical kicks in next year
[/quote]

Does anyone know what he's talking about?

John Eadicicco

So let me get this straight Barry....................With your thinking (actually 1181 really) EVERY shop steward should push the agenda of 1181 even if it goes against the majority of the membership beliefs? A no vote is a strike vote according to you and 1181. No going back to the negotiating table in ALL INSTANCES...........................even with our jobs on the line? And ABSOLUTELY NO INPUT FROM THE RANK AND FILE ON THE ISSUES! 99% of the drivers I spoke to did not understand how that vote was going to determine if we get a contract or go on STRIKE AGAIN. PLEASE PLEASE tell me what the last strike accomplished. Oh yeah I forgot A pay cut + LOSS of Easter week, Winter Recess and a cut in the accrual check!!!!!!! And you bash Tom Salerno and myself for wanting to get back what the GREEDY CONTRACTORS took from us.This is why 1181 LOVES this website because it is PROPAGANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What kind of spin are you going to come up with now?
The Shop Steward at Boro told the members of his company that he believed that this was not a good contract!!!!!!!!!!! So Cordiello wanted him removed from the property..........Then at his hearing ( as told to me by the shop steward) Vin Buttaro walked out of his hearing and said " I cannot represent this piece of crap" and said to the GM "whatever you gotta do.... do it" GM asked he be terminated and Robin who was also in hearing said the violation did not warrant termination and suggested 5 day suspension. Facts.... Barry..... Facts! He received 5 days!

John Eadicicco

In the NYPD if a delegate ever walked out of a hearing refusing to represent a MOS he would not be a delegate too much longer! The current leadership of 1181 is lacking in it's representation of it's members! I myself went into 3 hearings in the last 5 years alone without representation and came out unscathed each time!

hognol

If in fact we have to pay 50% into our medical, Pioneer will lose many drivers. Pioneer can't even retain/hire new drivers because of the low pay and crappy benefits.

yabba

we have to pay starting next school year 50% of whatever the actuaries feel is needed to keep the welfare fund alive..oh wait im sorry the bosses pay the first $3.00 and then its 50/50.... so if 400.00 a month is needed per member,bosses pay 203.00 and we pay 197.00.. plus the 100.00 a month we pay now...  it was in black and white in the last and final offer contract 1181 put in front of us to vote on...   considering the welfare fund was bankrupt as of the days before the contract vote,and no increases was put into effect in the new contract,its safe to say we are screwed....  :crazy: :crazy:.. also the bosses will continue to pay whatever they are paying now also.. somewhere around 1000.00 a month...

Grrr

Buzz

Facts? These were the first "facts" you gave us, John:

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 25, 2016, 01:49:00 AM
A shop steward at Boro Transit had a bus on bus accident (No damage whatsoever, a brother member ratted the shop steward out to management) a hearing was held attended by Vin Buttaro who suggested to the GM of Boro to fire the shop steward. The GM thought the punishment was too harsh so the driver was suspended for 5 days. GREAT representation by our delegation!

Now you give us this version of the "facts":

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 27, 2016, 04:58:29 PM
Then at his hearing ( as told to me by the shop steward) Vin Buttaro walked out of his hearing and said " I cannot represent this piece of crap" and said to the GM "whatever you gotta do.... do it" GM asked he be terminated and Robin who was also in hearing said the violation did not warrant termination and suggested 5 day suspension. Facts.... Barry..... Facts! He received 5 days!

So, first it was Vinny who wanted the guy fired, now it was the GM. Quite a flip-flop. And that he got 5 days was never in question. That seems to be the only "fact" you got right.

Now let me give you some real facts obtained directly from Robin: Both Robin and Vinny were at the hearing. At some point, the hearing officer asked for the shop steward to be taken out of the room because he wanted to make a call to HR. Vinny left the room WITH THE SHOP STEWARD. (He did NOT walk out saying he was not going to represent him. He accompanied the guy out of the room like a gentleman.) Robin remained in the room with the hearing officer. Robin got a concession on a 5 day suspension.

Those are what you call FACTS.

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 27, 2016, 04:58:29 PM
So let me get this straight Barry....................With your thinking (actually 1181 really) EVERY shop steward should push the agenda of 1181 even if it goes against the majority of the membership beliefs? A no vote is a strike vote according to you and 1181. No going back to the negotiating table in ALL INSTANCES...........................even with our jobs on the line? And ABSOLUTELY NO INPUT FROM THE RANK AND FILE ON THE ISSUES!
John, you're running for a seat on the EB and you don't think you have to support the position of the local? Seriously? A shop steward is just as much an officer of the local. How could you even ask a question like that?

For the upteenth time ... yes, a NO vote is a STRIKE vote ... especially when the owner virtually CHALLENGES the shop steward to go on strike.

No input from the rank and file? Weren't we all handed sheets to fill out as to what we wanted addressed in negotiations? It did not come with a guarantee that they would be granted, but we DID have input.

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 27, 2016, 04:58:29 PMThe Shop Steward at Boro told the members of his company that he believed that this was not a good contract!!!!!!!!!!! So Cordiello wanted him removed from the property..........

If this is what the guy is telling you he must be delusional. Michael did not want him removed and no EB member has and knowledge of him being against the contract.