Nomination meeting in October

Started by Andrewcappa, September 29, 2016, 02:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrewcappa

Hi Brothers and Sisters, had to get on the site to get a message out.  There will be in October, a nomination union meeting. This meeting is to nominate your board delegates. It is a very important meeting in that you very future lies in the hands of the board.  They are the ones that fight for you every day, I see it with my own eyes, they are at hearings, in yards or at the B.O.E., they also are at contract negotiations, and some members of this board spent countless hours in Albany lobbying for the E.P.P., which is now on the Governor's desk for his signature. Yes we took a hit in last couple of years, but so did allot of other professions, it was and still is troubling times for working people, but we are still fighting, and we are still working.  The fight for higher wages and better benefits is a never ending battle,  some people are saying they now a way to receive better benefits, well  if you want to pay more money each week in your pay check I'm sure that can be done. There isn't anything anyone can say or do that hasn't been said or done by this board of delegates. There is no secrete plan. Although some people may think your so naive to believe they have one. Anything and everything that could be done in our favor is being done by these delegates, Don't be persuaded by swift talkers, people that promise you everything, That is a sign of someone who wants a position so bad, they will make it look like they have the goods.  That happened in our last U.S. Presidential election and see what happened, promises, promises, promises. I urge you to come to the nomination meeting, and make sure we keep the Cordiello slate in tact. We need their experience, and most importantly we must stay united. I will be posting when the date, time, and location, are official. Thank You, Andrew

Buzz

You got it right, Andy. It's interesting that many of the same people who are complaining about Michael are the same ones who complained about Sal. In fact it was many of the same ones who brought that administration down and we all know we never had it better than we did then.

That in itself should make it obvious that they are not interested in what's best for their coworkers, but what's best for themselves. They helped create the circumstances we're in now, and now they want to be our saviors. They started the fire and now they want to be the heroes to put it out, but in reality couldn't piss on it.

Bloomberg made shambles out of this job, (never would have happened under the old regime), and Michael, without the benefit of the "muscle" we once had ... has made strides in building it up again. Of course there is much more to do, but nobody has the savvy, the experience, and the connections ... especially political connections ... to restore 1181 to the union we once were.

There will always be a gullible fringe of disgruntled members who want to believe the empty promises of the wanna-bes. Most of us who care about the safety of our pensions and the future of our jobs know that we have to keep this EB intact, despite whatever disagreements or complaints we may have. We have to think with our heads and not be swayed by possible negative emotions.

Our choice is clear. We cannot afford to gamble our futures on meaningless promises of "hope and change" by those who don't have the slightest idea ... or ability ... to deliver.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

John Eadicicco

Official date for nomination meeting set forth by the Department of Labor is October 18, 2016