New General Election

Started by John Eadicicco, September 23, 2016, 10:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just_Right

Hey John

Once again you come back and call silly names.
I merely put truth to your FALSE statements. But seems you are not adult enough to come back and PROVE what I say is wrong. A no vote is a strike vote. You had a choice like everyone else. Seems majority ruled. And what you are saying now is the SHOP STEWARD who tried to vote the contract down is in FACT going against the union who he represents.

You want to run for a position on the EB and you think it's proper to call a member who disagrees with you an OXYMORON??? Well apparently you lost my vote and few others.

And NO it doesn't suck to be me I am very happy who I am. But you seem to think if someone isn't John Eadicicco it sucks to be them. No sugarplum it sucks to be you.

Now that you know who I am ,come see me in the morning.

John Eadicicco

Real brave hiding behind a screen name. man up!

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 25, 2016, 04:22:20 PM
Buzz once again a shill for 1181...

**Yaaaaawn**  I think you've worn out that phrase.

Oh, and, good luck unseating Jimmy Hedge.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

LMR

Hey John!Here you go again betting on the wrong horse. You did the same thing stirring up crap because of sour grapes.Its pretty sad to watch you do anything and cozy up with anybody in hopes of getting  a position on there slate.Have a little self dignity and stop prostituting yourself and bad mouthing everybody that doesn't give a rip about your opinion.

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 25, 2016, 04:19:08 PM
That contract would of NEVER been RATIFIED IF Ernie and Vinny Buttaro didn't tell ALL members that we would be on strike if we didn't ratify and TOLD ME and others that we would NOT COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT the following week for winter recess!2 dozen ppl told me they had to vote yes because of the Fucking Lies told to us by 1181!

Where's the lie? Although you don't want to acknowledge it, a NO vote IS a strike vote. Also, when you are on strike you can't collect unemployment for 7 weeks. Who lied?

The contract would have passed anyway even if those "2 dozen ppl" voted no ... it wasn't even close.

John Eadicicco

I am with drivers from Pioneer shops from Queens and Bronx. These drivers said they were also told that a no vote on the contract meant being on strike that afternoon. Stop your shilling for local 1181 !

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 26, 2016, 02:18:41 PM
I am with drivers from Pioneer shops from Queens and Bronx. These drivers said they were also told that a no vote on the contract meant being on strike that afternoon. Stop your shilling for local 1181 !

Of course they were told that, because a NO vote IS a STRIKE vote. Neil practically DARED Ernie to go on strike, telling him, "Get your picket signs ready." That would have been the reality of voting down the contract, whether you want to believe it or not.

yabba

this is better then Hillary and Trump..... the forum is alive again    :o :o

LMR

Exactly Buzz,that's how I remember it.Thats why I voted the way I did.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on September 26, 2016, 05:17:32 PM
Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 26, 2016, 02:18:41 PM

Of course they were told that, because a NO vote IS a STRIKE vote. Neil practically DARED Ernie to go on strike, telling him, "Get your picket signs ready." That would have been the reality of voting down the contract, whether you want to believe it or not.

what was the sense of even having all those negotiations meeting...so basically neil can hand us whatever and we either vote yes or strike..

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on September 26, 2016, 11:59:16 PMwhat was the sense of even having all those negotiations meeting...so basically neil can hand us whatever and we either vote yes or strike..

Not really. As much as we didn't like it, it was still better than what other companies were offered.

Hardly a victory for Neil. His playing hardball seems to be biting him in the ass now. People never used to leave this job. Now new people are quitting left and right. Even though he's paying more than the contract called for they still leave. Nothing for them to look forward to ... virtually no raises, no holidays, etc., etc. Just not worth the responsibility and the bullshit you have to put up with. A $500 sign-on bonus isn't going to change that.

I was talking to a young national park service worker in Miller Field. Kid has a college degree, can't find a decent job, but parks is paying him $20 and hour. That day he was picking up trash, but he said he was actually hired to clean toilets. $20 and hour to clean toilets vs. $17 to drive a school bus? Need I say more?

Wait until the 50% medical kicks in next year and guys with time on the job start packing it in.

Grrr

Quote from: Grrr on September 27, 2016, 12:58:01 AM

Wait until the 50% medical kicks in next year and guys with time on the job start packing it in.

Can you elaborate on that?

yabba

Quote from: Grrr on September 27, 2016, 12:58:36 AM
Quote from: Grrr on September 27, 2016, 12:58:01 AM

Can you elaborate on that?

in other words we are screwed ...basically we the 1181 backbone will have to bailout the welfare fund 50% and bosses the other 50%...  the up to date  status of the welfare fund should be made known before the  election..

Grrr

Wait until the 50% medical kicks in next year
[/quote]

Does anyone know what he's talking about?

John Eadicicco

So let me get this straight Barry....................With your thinking (actually 1181 really) EVERY shop steward should push the agenda of 1181 even if it goes against the majority of the membership beliefs? A no vote is a strike vote according to you and 1181. No going back to the negotiating table in ALL INSTANCES...........................even with our jobs on the line? And ABSOLUTELY NO INPUT FROM THE RANK AND FILE ON THE ISSUES! 99% of the drivers I spoke to did not understand how that vote was going to determine if we get a contract or go on STRIKE AGAIN. PLEASE PLEASE tell me what the last strike accomplished. Oh yeah I forgot A pay cut + LOSS of Easter week, Winter Recess and a cut in the accrual check!!!!!!! And you bash Tom Salerno and myself for wanting to get back what the GREEDY CONTRACTORS took from us.This is why 1181 LOVES this website because it is PROPAGANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What kind of spin are you going to come up with now?
The Shop Steward at Boro told the members of his company that he believed that this was not a good contract!!!!!!!!!!! So Cordiello wanted him removed from the property..........Then at his hearing ( as told to me by the shop steward) Vin Buttaro walked out of his hearing and said " I cannot represent this piece of crap" and said to the GM "whatever you gotta do.... do it" GM asked he be terminated and Robin who was also in hearing said the violation did not warrant termination and suggested 5 day suspension. Facts.... Barry..... Facts! He received 5 days!