To All Drivers and Matrons of Pioneer

Started by Ernie, November 21, 2013, 12:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

Tomorrow starting 6 am till noon time there will be a vote on our contract. Let me once again make this clear. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is the reason why there is a secret ballot vote. In all fairness to everyone concerned I am asking all our members to let your ballot speak. We know this contract is not completely fair to everyone, and yes some of the terms of the agreement may not suit all of us. But let us remember everyone has a different pocket and I think I can safely say with all respect there are many of us who live week to week. I do not frown on anyone who has a pension. We all had the same opportunity to have the same career path as some of our retiree's.
         As I explained in previous posts it is up to our membership as individuals to vote on this contract. It is not up to me or the union. With the way the economy is and the companies folding around us life as we knew it is gone. I will reiterate a YES vote is to accept and a NO vote is absolutely a STRIKE vote. It is NOT a re -opening for another negotiation .I would love to turn back the hand of time however we cannot live in the past .We can thank Mayor Bloomberg for the situation we are in now. Because of him we have fallen into an economic demise. We are trying to stay hopeful that the new mayor coming in will open the dialog to better our future contract talks. The contract we vote on tomorrow is only good for 18 months.
So, once again, let your SECRET ballot speak.
Respectfully Ernie

Buzz

Thanks Ern. People have to look beyond Pioneer and realize that the entire industry is in a serious situation. We have Michael, Eddie and YOU to thank for your relentless efforts at negotiating as much of a contract as we are being offered. It's not "good" by past standards, but it is certainly better than the imposed contract of last April, and also better than any other in the industry.

Like it or not, I think it would be foolhardy not to approve this contract. We actually don't have a choice as it will be imposed on us anyway, and it would only delay our back-pay for years if we were to reject it. I think the "Bird-in-the-hand" idiom would apply here.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

grimreaper

Yeah in 18 months even more will be taken away.