back pay part 2

Started by gigi11744, January 09, 2014, 10:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi11744

Read that notice very carefully it states respondent has untill 1/20/14 to give checks to Ernie ,who will than hand deliver to the N.L.R.B thats my take ..That letter is very ambiguous..,Whats your take Buzz >:(

PROUD MEMBER

gigi
I read the notice carefully and it does not mention Ernie's name anywhere although it is a little confusing to me I know for sure the first line says the respondents have to make payment to the "employees" by 1/20/14. ANY HELP BUZZ??

Buzz

The gist of the notice was that the checks had to be in the NLRB's hands by the 20th.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Grrr

Have the checks been delivered?

gigi11744

Rock Steady

Now . . . . . . don't you wish the interest was included ? With all the time that this is taking it would have been a nice piece of change.

Buzz

Let's just say the average amount owed is $4,000. At 1% interest it would be $40 for a year, so $30 for 9 months? It would probably cost more than that to calculate the interest to the penny for each person. The 7 1/2 % would have to be calculated day-by-day for 10 weeks. More chance for error, disagreement and further delay. Give me my $6000-plus ... keep the interest.

Rock Steady

how do you know what the interest was  ?  In the ruling it was described as a ruling from a previous case, no figure was said.  So nobody knows what the interest rate was.  It was an interest rate from a previous ruling.

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on January 11, 2014, 02:02:50 AM
how do you know what the interest was  ?  In the ruling it was described as a ruling from a previous case, no figure was said.  So nobody knows what the interest rate was.  It was an interest rate from a previous ruling.

I don't "know" what the interest rate was. I was just using 1% as an example ... and that was being generous. Banks  have been  paying well below that for years.

(But the previous case may have been the precedent for including interest in our case. That is not to say it would be anything but the current rate, regardless of what the rate was in the case cited.)

Rock Steady

Exactly, we don't know what the interest rate was.  If the precedent was a case in the 80's  I'm sure the interest rate wasn't 1%.  For all we know it was 7 or 8% or higher.  Interest rates were high in those days.  1% wouldn't teach the bad guy a lesson, he would probably do the same crime again, why not it didn't cost him anything. 

PROUD MEMBER

The bottom line is we agreed to waive the interest just pay us our back pay. I saw that someone posted the checks were not delivered to the NLRB yet. IS THAT TRUE? I thought Ernie was delivering them personally this past Thursday.

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on January 11, 2014, 01:27:59 PM
Exactly, we don't know what the interest rate was.  If the precedent was a case in the 80's  I'm sure the interest rate wasn't 1%.  For all we know it was 7 or 8% or higher.  Interest rates were high in those days.  1% wouldn't teach the bad guy a lesson, he would probably do the same crime again, why not it didn't cost him anything.

The part of my post that was in parenthesis was probably the most pertinent ... "(But the previous case may have been the precedent for including interest in our case. That is not to say it would be anything but the current rate, regardless of what the rate was in the case cited.)"

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 11, 2014, 03:02:31 PM
The bottom line is we agreed to waive the interest just pay us our back pay.

EXACTLY!!! And no matter what the interest rate was, it would be a tiny fraction of the other givebacks.

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 11, 2014, 03:02:31 PM
I saw that someone posted the checks were not delivered to the NLRB yet. IS THAT TRUE? I thought Ernie was delivering them personally this past Thursday.

The checks, for whatever reason, were not cut ... therefore Ernie couldn't deliver them.

Grrr

Please make my check out to "The Borgata".  It will save me from making a trip to the bank.

1union

So now whose fault is it that the checks are not cut!  But let's keep doing favors ! I can t believe management continues to talk to drivers like shit over the radio that everyone hears ,try s to still fine and suspend drivers over bullshit and favoritism run s driver against driver. Is it just me but no one seems to care anymore and that's sad. Enough!