back pay part 2

Started by gigi11744, January 09, 2014, 10:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I don't even want to ask what the problem is this time. We waited this long, one more week isn't going to matter, and I've already exceeded my limit for tolerance of the drama surrounding this issue. As I see it, the checks have to be in the NLRB's hands by the 20th ... which is a national holiday, preceeded by Saturday and Sunday. So effectively, that makes the date the 17th ... next Friday ... unless there is to be total defiance of the court's order.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Rock Steady

Holy shit Grrrr, I keep watching that car wash video over and over again . . . . . . loving it ! 

Rock Steady

PROUD MEMBER

I doubt if Neil would defy the ruling for the simple reason he would also be reneging on the MOA that he signed which would give Pioneer employees just cause to strike.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

grimreaper

Quote from: 1union on January 11, 2014, 06:09:44 PM
So now whose fault is it that the checks are not cut!  But let's keep doing favors ! I can t believe management continues to talk to drivers like shit over the radio that everyone hears ,try s to still fine and suspend drivers over bullshit and favoritism run s driver against driver. Is it just me but no one seems to care anymore and that's sad. Enough!
.       I can't believe these scumbags drivers are still covering runs, unreal  ass kissing scumbags.

yabba

checks were not cut,what a surprise  ..yeah we have no choice but continue to wait,,yeah this check is a onetime payment and not something we will get every week,but its the POINT..we had a gun held to our head and told to vote yes 11-19-2013 and get our money,if we didnt vote yes we would have a contract imposed on us..lol.. and also told it would take years for the nlrb to force contractors to pay us with the appeals...look on nlrb website,the contractors appealled and lost but we were never told about the appeals..intresting..its a;; a game being played with us and believe what you want...and yeah i want my check a long time ago,and its MY money stolen from me and that was proven by court of law..and yes we have 2000 plus members out of work and i feel for them but that doesnt mean we are not still owed money robbed from us,..but its all just wasted talking trying to get everyone on the same page in this union,no matter what work will be covered and the true meaning of UNION is gone, its the nature of the whole country now sit back and believe $ULLSHIT!!!!!!

Buzz

Yes, yabba, regardless of whatever else is going on in the industry, it is our money, it is owed to us, and it should not have taken this long for us to get it. It's as frustrating to me as anybody. Maybe I'm a little more tolerant of the seemingly endless delays because from the beginning I've adopted an "We'll get it when we get it" mindset ... maybe as a subconscious mechanism to protect myself from the aggravation that I envisioned would be part of the process. I don't expect everybody to look at it that way, but ... speaking strictly for myself ... it has helped me cope with a situation that is out of my hands.

I know I've been critical of the constant complaints about this ... I shouldn't have been ... and ask you and others to accept my apology. I realize everybody is at a different place in the importance they attach to this. I guess it's my nature to be more thankful for what I do have than to fret over that which I do not ... but again, I do not expect everybody to be of that mindset. Though I might not feel the anger and hostility, I can empathize with it. 

I'm sure some of my patience comes from believing and being absolutely convinced that the union is doing everything it possibly can ... virtually on a daily basis ... to resolve this issue. I do not ASK or EXPECT anybody else to feel that same assurance. 1181 has taken the "high road" throughout ... and considering our court victories ... it has definitely worked in our favor, even if it hasn't met our time expectations. I also KNOW ... but do not ask anybody else to accept ... that no one has been more relentless in this pursuit than Ernie. Whether anybody believes it or not, he was EXTREMELY upset that, despite his best efforts, he was not able to have our checks in our hands before the Christmas break. NOBODY could have tried harder.

I don't even want to know what the latest snafu is about. As I mentioned before, even my capacity for bullshit has been exceeded. I'll rely on my "Get it when we get it" pacifier, the rest of you feel free to vent. And again, I apologize for being less tolerant of that venting at times than I should have been.

Hang in there, my brothers .... we WILL get our money ... unfortunately later rather than sooner.

yabba

i understand you buzz and hold nothing against you..i feel for what you went threw with sandy and give you and other friends of mine a lot of credit,i for one would have snapped out on insurance companies and fema...but thats another nightmare for the working class people...as far as ernie i respect and i am thakful for all that he has and continues to do for us,as for the big shots of 1181 well i feel differently and would support ernie to run for a more in charge post in the upcoming election he was was to choose to...i been listening to our fellow brothers and sisters out of work or placed in temporary companies and its a nightmare...no benefits ,not being paid correctly..and believe me if public info that they are begging to correct info and they are recieveing a lot of different answers from our local,.there has not been a union meeting since this nightmare unfolded for them ,and all they get is different answers from 1181 officers...its sad and i feel for them.. and im a union man 100% and there should not be a 355 man or woman on our property working while our 1181 brothers and sisters are not working... you know what time for 1181 to show some balls and get the DOE to hear us loud and clear..has one of these newly elected politicians said a word about this mess in the past 12 days... you know what its time for them to put there actions where there mouths were for the past year looking for our vote... its time for us to ban together and be heard,we do a great job proven over and over again on a daily basis and we should not sit back anymore and let people scare us ...lets all stand up and demand the respect we work hard for in our daily jobs...every last one of us 1181 members..

PROUD MEMBER

With regards to the back pay as much as I need it as I need my weekly pay check I personally vote for Pioneer workers to strike again if the checks are not sent out by 1/20/14. Because if they're not sent out by then obviously it shows Neil doesn't give a ---- about us. So we might as well hurt him in the pocket as long as it is legal and we don't jeopardize our jobs. With regards to people picking up work I just don't understand it. Literally every day or every other day I hear the same drivers picking up work. Don't get me wrong I DO NOT WANT TO SEE KIDS STRANDED on a street corner but unless all the shapes have been sent out each morning there is no excuse for this. Especially when the majority of the drivers picking up the work are the same people every day.

John Eadicicco

You wanna know what GALLS me with All The Bullshit 1181 sells us? Eddie Gig in front of me and other drivers said the union was going to cut costs...... Possibly eliminate a couple of delegate spots!!!!! Because of the loss of 2200 runs to non union companies, YET......they replaced 2 delegates who retired and gave THEMSELVES A RAISE 3 Years in a row! fUCK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The BY-LAWS of 1181 state that the executive board ONLY gets a raise if the rank and file gets one also! What am I missing??????????????

Grrr

Quote from: John Eadicicco on January 12, 2014, 08:25:30 PM
YET......they replaced 2 delegates who retired and gave THEMSELVES A RAISE 3 Years in a row!  The BY-LAWS of 1181 state that the executive board ONLY gets a raise if the rank and file gets one also! What am I missing?

http://wavs.unclebubby.com/wav/MOVIES/BevHillsCop/wtfallabout_bhc.wav

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 12, 2014, 07:27:22 PM
... but unless all the shapes have been sent out each morning there is no excuse for this. Especially when the majority of the drivers picking up the work are the same people every day.

Actually, if you take a look around the drivers room, virtually every shape and casual go out just about every day recently. Often there are not enough casuals and some of the runs have to be cut up and meted out to other drivers who have the time to do them ... and they do get paid for it.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
If what you say about the shapes & casuals and the steady drivers picking up the work is true then obviously there is no problem. AGAIN IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE!!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 13, 2014, 11:28:13 AM
Buzz
If what you say about the shapes & casuals and the steady drivers picking up the work is true then obviously there is no problem. AGAIN IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE!!

From my casual observation, it is absolutely true. Tommy was out one day last week. There were no more drivers. Others, including Ernie and Andy, were working frantically cutting up runs and trying to find guys to cover individual schools. Lately, this goes on virtually every day, though it is not as obvious when Tommy is doing it.

Years ago, (in Pioneer's "Glory Days") I had an a.m. run with a 45 minute layover. From time to time I would be asked to cover a run (it wasn't "taboo" back then) because I had the time to do it. (I didn't mind, because 45 minutes with nothing to do seemed like forever!) Of course I would be paid for it, but the reason it seems that it's the same people every day is probably because they have runs that allow them the flexibility to fit the work into their schedule. This does not preclude the fact that there are some who are perhaps volunteering on their cell phones when they maybe shouldn't be ... and Ernie does try to catch and deal with them.

1union

a when are we going to wake up.the new gotto (niel)doesn't give a shit about anybody but him self.He caused all this bullshit and is seeing how to far he can push us and get away with it.He is the new gotto and if we don't start showing unity we are going to have a job just like the jellyfish at 355 did at a&e.let's show some kind of unity No Cell Phones for 1 day and let the office cover for 1day .let them start from bottom and give work to some new members so maybe they could get some extra pay in there cks .we make a stand we might still be able to keep our union jobs. If not the he is going to pick us clean.If you cover a run full run am only you get 4 hrs in afternoon 2hrs . you really need the ten bucks or so after taxes or would you rather help a new guy and send a message.They play games all he time and treat good drivers who don't kiss there ass like shit so scumbags can get new buses and extra pay.  GROW SOME BAlls let's have 1 day of unity no cell phones and let shape and new1181 drivers make a little extra and send a message. I say Friday spread the word!