back pay part 4 - THE SAGA CONTINUES

Started by Buzz, January 17, 2014, 11:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheresmymoney!

Ok answer -- why the hell did they put the retro in our YTD???  How is that even legal??? How are they still getting away with this???  Again nothing should have been signed or ratified or anything until the money was in hand.  What bullshit this is???  I feel like its all a sham.  Someone has got to do something against the union and Neil I can't believe the NLRB after everything weve been through is letting them get away with this. Neil is a brave guy to keep screwing us over when there are close to 400 drivers ready to pounce! It's all I hear he's got big ones and obviously no fear......it's comical.

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on January 19, 2014, 01:48:34 AM
Ok answer -- why the hell did they put the retro in our YTD???  How is that even legal???

It's legal because Neil already paid our withholding (over $1 million) . Why, you ask? Because, (and I'm NOT asking you to believe it), he fully intended for our checks to be at the NLRB by last Friday.

I'm telling ya', (and again NOT asking you to believe it), it's the lawyers for both sides who keep looking for flies in the ointment. If these leeches had been offered bonuses to have our checks in our hands by Christmas, we'd have gotten our money weeks ago.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wheresmymoney!

Oh buzz I want to believe u but...........I remember Easter accrual in the YTD remember and we never got that.......remember so u can see why we have doubts!!! It feels like the same thing all over again.  I hope not then to read about request for 10 day extension.... What the hell is that abt if they plan on giving us the money??? ;D >:(

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on January 19, 2014, 04:58:57 AM
Oh buzz I want to believe u but...........I remember Easter accrual in the YTD remember and we never got that.......remember so u can see why we have doubts!!! It feels like the same thing all over again.  I hope not then to read about request for 10 day extension.... What the hell is that abt if they plan on giving us the money??? ;D >:(

Remember this, my friend: Not giving us our Easter accrual was before a court order telling them they had to. They were still drunk with power (and greed) and I don't know how they ever thought they'd get away with it. I can understand your apprehension, but my thinking is this: He had to lay out the money for the taxes before the payroll company would even cut these checks because it was over a million dollars, (which was not the case with the Easter accrual). There would just be no other reason for him to turn that money over to the government except to comply with the court's order.

We're getting our money, I guarantee. I'm fairly confident our checks will go to the NLRB this week ... you can take that to the bank ... LOL. (Or at least will be able to whenever the NLRB sends them to us.)

yabba

the lawyers are the culprit,i hope the lawyers are getting paid by the hour and are not on retainer.. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hognol

Everyone is concerned over our back pay and I understand that.  But this is nothing compared to what may happen to us come June 2015.

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on January 19, 2014, 05:08:16 PM
Everyone is concerned over our back pay and I understand that.  But this is nothing compared to what may happen to us come June 2015.

Brother you got that right! I'd surrender my check right now if it could somehow guarantee that de Blasio retracts the runs that were put for bid a couple of months before Bloomdouche left ... they include our work. EPP first and then put them up for bid. Otherwise, we're likely to be some very unhappy campers next year. It's up to the new mayor, but I don't know how much hope to put into a guy who eats pizza with a fork!  ;D

Goose623

February 8th PIST is having a press conference in the city I believe everyone one of us should show up and support this group.. The speaker of the house will b there n we should show her we need her help immediately..I agree 100% I would give up my check to for the EPP back in the runs.. If the EPP gets back in are next negotiations we would have more of an edge to get back what we have lost..

J.T.

We all should go I agree .maybe it would help us,we need someone to help with the EPP >:(

gigi11744

Owners granted 3 day extention  checks now have to be delivered to N.L.R.B on th 23rd of jan.

PROUD MEMBER

Obviously a 3 day extension is better than a 10 day but with the exception of the contractors just trying to delay paying us just exactly what is THEIR purpose for the extension? Does anyone have any idea what the contractors think they can have changed within the time limits of an extension?

wheresmymoney!

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 21, 2014, 07:53:06 PM
Obviously a 3 day extension is better than a 10 day but with the exception of the contractors just trying to delay paying us just exactly what is THEIR purpose for the extension? Does anyone have any idea what the contractors think they can have changed within the time limits of an extension?
yes i also would like to know why they requested an extension?  is it that they didnt have all the checks done in time? or just trying to delay paying us but why?  also i want to know if they dont follow through with this and deliver the checks in 3 days, what exactly will happen?  to the contractors, neil, etc., etc.????

grimreaper

Buzz

You guys aren't even going to believe this ... well, maybe you will ... it's not happening this week either. All Ernie really knows right now is "next week." He's going to a meeting tomorrow and hopefully he'll get more of an explanation as to what the bullshit is now. Un-fu#kin-believable!

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on January 21, 2014, 10:04:24 PM
  also i want to know if they dont follow through with this and deliver the checks in 3 days, what exactly will happen?  to the contractors, neil, etc., etc.????

Not sure, but I think they'll force him to post another notice in the window saying he was a bad boy.   :shrug: