Schools That Will Remain Closed

Started by Buzz, December 05, 2020, 01:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

This list from the DOE website ...

https://www.schools.nyc.gov/about-us/news/chancellor-s-message-for-families/school-building-closures

(PS 36 website says they will open Friday, 12/11 ... but I don't know.)

It's going to be a boondoggle.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Looking at that list a fair amount of those schools are middle and high schools which hopefully means there should be a fair amount of schools opening on Monday.

Buzz

I count 17 or 18 elementary schools on that list. (Both of mine are on it.)

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 05, 2020, 02:08:10 AM
I count 17 or 18 elementary schools on that list. (Both of mine are on it.)

One of my schools are ok it... PS 3 in the AM but I don't see PS 45 on it so I assume they will be open Monday.

TheKid24

So from this list do you think a lot of us go back to doing our own runs on Monday.....junior men including?

Hammer2161

TheKid24,

I am sure we are all hopeful that all of us go back to work on Monday. The good thing is they can not combine runs so with that being said even if only one school is open on any run we have that run will need a driver and possibly a matron. Right we are going to have to show some patience unfortunately (something I lack) and wait for this to play out over the weekend.
Keeping my fingers crossed that we all get back to work Monday!!!!

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 05, 2020, 02:19:24 AM
So from this list do you think a lot of us go back to doing our own runs on Monday.....junior men including?

No. Neither of my schools are open. I'll be doing your run.  ;D ;D ;D

Hammer2161

Now now Buzz it's not like you to be a troublemaker lol.
And if you wanted to be working you would have this past week and covered someone else's run. Lol

Buzz

Golfnut

Both of my Schools are on this list .. What's the protocol? Do I continue to stay home or do I have to come in , get my Bus and park it by my house ? 🤷‍♂️

Hammer2161

Golfnut,
Unless you know something the rest of us apparently don't I think we are still waiting for our marching orders from Pioneer concerning next week.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 05, 2020, 03:07:52 AM
Quote from: TheKid24 on December 05, 2020, 02:19:24 AM

No. Neither of my schools are open. I'll be doing your run.  ;D ;D ;D

Not nice buzz lmao 🤬🤬🤬

Stereo

All my schools are on the list so I guess another week of unemployment, or should I apply to Shoprite.

Buzz

Quote from: Stereo on December 05, 2020, 04:28:35 AM
All my schools are on the list so I guess another week of unemployment, or should I apply to Shoprite.

I think Amazon pays better.  ;D

Keep your powder dry, guys. Still awaiting word from Ernie regarding Monday coming. I'm sure when he has a definite answer he'll let us know.

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on December 05, 2020, 03:46:32 AM
Both of my Schools are on this list .. What's the protocol? Do I continue to stay home or do I have to come in , get my Bus and park it by my house ? 🤷‍♂️

Or you could park it by the golf course.  ;D ;D ;D