Pionneer Summer School Notice

Started by TheKid24, April 21, 2021, 04:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid24

Got this letter while standing on line to get my uniform today...

Drivers And Attendants

The Board of Education has announced that there will be summer school. Be advised that if your seniority number is called you will have to work, if you refuse work you will be terminated.

Pionneer Management and ATU 1181

Buzz

I'm ASSUMING there is going to be a pick and if the work has to be forced from the bottom up that you can't refuse it ... or else.

Looks like it's going to be more of a day camp than summer school ... plan on a lot of field trips. And it's a full day, 5 days a week.

https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/summer
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on April 21, 2021, 04:58:09 PM
I'm ASSUMING there is going to be a pick and if the work has to be forced from the bottom up that you can't refuse it ... or else.

Looks like it's going to be more of a day camp than summer school ... plan on a lot of field trips. And it's a full day, 5 days a week.

https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/summer

Aka day care....

TheKid24

I dunno what school trips these things plan on having lol did covid just disappear now? Lol

I'm assuming people in the 300s will be working ?

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz I'm not following you. You state "assuming" there is going to be a pick. If there is definitely going to be summer school/camp, why wouldn't there be a pick? And to answer TheKid24 it appears to me that not only the 300's will have to work but it could possibly go into the upper part of the 200's.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on April 21, 2021, 11:16:27 PM
Buzz I'm not following you. You state "assuming" there is going to be a pick. If there is definitely going to be summer school/camp, why wouldn't there be a pick? And to answer TheKid24 it appears to me that not only the 300's will have to work but it could possibly go into the upper part of the 200's.

I'm not saying there won't be a pick. There could be, or would runs just be handed to people who put their names on a list like they did when schools were closed for a couple of weeks last fall? That's why I said "assuming."

Hopefully it will be done fairly, and people who want to work and sign up will be able to pick and if any are left over it will be forced from the bottom up.

PROUD MEMBER

If there's anywhere between 50 and 100 runs which it looks to be and with all the different dates and times for all the runs there is no way that there wouldn't be a pick. Especially since it appears that there is going to be driers and matrons that will be forced to work or terminated. In the scenario you give with last fall it was much different. All of those employees WANTED the work and were just happy to get any run. In this case, the majority of employees will NOT WANT to work and if they are forced to you better believe they are gonna make sure they at least get to pick.

Buzz

Never said there wouldn't be a pick ... I just wouldn't guarantee it until we're told officially.

As I first said, I assume there will be one.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
I'm not saying you ever said there wouldn't be a pick. I see that you said assume. "I'm saying" that there will be a pick. I know without any hesitation if I was interested in summer work or was forced to do summer work and was told before hand that there will be no pick and either I do what is handed to me or I'll be terminated that I would go to Andy, then Ernie, then Michael, then Neil, then the Labor Board in that order in order to assure that there is a pick or that I could collect unemployment and not be terminated. You yourself posted the summer school calendar and I'd be damned if I or anyone else with higher seniority was handed a run that ended at 6:00pm while a junior driver was getting done at 2:30pm or 4:00pm. Just my thoughts!

Buzz

I agree with you. Don't know why you're taking exception to my "assuming."

Dictionary.com
assume [uh-soom]
verb (used with object), as·sumed, as·sum·ing.
to take for granted or without proof:

rc1790

Buzz, Don't assume anything. You make an ass out of u
and me. Lol.